25881Recollections on Sri Chinmoy

  • mahiruha_27
    Jun 25, 2013
      Recollections on Sri Chinmoy

      In January 2001, while Sri Chinmoy was still on his annual Christmas trip (maybe to Myanmar or Indonesia) he composed a beautiful song, called "Shuno Shuno Bishwa Basi" the words to which you can find here:

      (http://www.srichinmoysongs.com/song/view/shuno-shuno-bishwa-basi/16258/?book=279)

      It's a song that's full of energy and joy. I sing it often.

      When the Master returned from his Christmas trip a few weeks later, two groups of disciples, one group of men and another group of women, arranged and performed the song.

      Usually the women far outshine the men singers in musicianship, but that night the men really outdid themselves. Sahishnu played the tabla, Premik played the flute and all of them sang with such enthusiasm and brio. The women, however, had better costumes. They dressed up like the Indian gods and goddesses. After both performances were over, and we all took prasad, one of the women singers happened to walk past Guru, still wearing her blue face paint.

      "Who are you," Guru asked her, "Kali?"

      The woman nodded, and Guru said, "To me, she is not blue. When I see Mother Kali, she is always golden."

      Here are some more interesting remarks that Guru made about Mother Kali:

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/earth-cry-meets-heaven-smile-3/in-that-picture-mother-kali-is

      --Mahiruha
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic