25617Re: Things I have learnt

  • mahiruha_27
    Nov 29, 2012
      Thanks for thread, Jogyata.

      Personally, I've learned to avoid clich├ęs like the plague!

      I mean, I have a choice, as a writer-either to rack my brain, often unsuccessfully, to find witty and intelligent things to say, or to go around sounding like one hundred recycled Hallmark greeting cards. Yes, it takes effort to avoid relying on predigested slop, but it's usually worth it.

      Writing's really a process of self-discovery. Practicing spirituality with Sri Chinmoy has helped me to peel away the social crusts that hide my true nature. Meditation teaches me how to be me, by pointing out that I have a higher and a deeper self. When I am true to that Self, I am happy. If I am happy, it is only because I am being true to that vast invisible Me that encompasses all and gives unconditionally and expects nothing in return.

      That's the secret and the gift that meditation can confer. You can grab the bull by the horns, you can face the music, but if you do not know yourself, it's just so much smoldering papier-mache.

      --Mahiruha
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic