25557Recollections on Sri Chinmoy: Questions and Answers

  • mahiruha_27
    Oct 23, 2012
      Six years ago, I asked Sri Chinmoy about his own feelings or perceptions about Bach and Beethoven. He began his response by wondering if there was anyone in the world who knew less about them than he did. He paused for just a few seconds, and then began to speak quietly, but somehow with real authority. He spoke about them for ten minutes, offering what he called his "inner observations" on their lives and music. He told me that he did have occasion in his life to listen to their music. Still, I was shocked by the depth of detail in his analysis of their musical styles.

      How did Sri Chinmoy answer the question so well? I do not think Sri Chinmoy was very well read in the field of classical music. I am just saying this because in my ten years of studying with him personally, I never heard him bring up the subject even once. I think he was using his third eye to answer the question; he used his inner vision.

      I don't mean to be an idiot (a hard task for me) but I might even go so far as to say that he may not have even been using any occult power to answer this question. I am just speculating here, so please bear with me.

      I am sure many of you are familiar with this aphorism from Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants:

      In spiritual communication,
      Mental telepathy
      Is the beginners' course.

      I asked an elderly disciple what this means, because I had always thought mental telepathy to be a very high attainment. He clarified the aphorism for me, saying that mental telepathy is just the first step in using the heart. In other words, if someone is extremely spiritually developed, then he or she doesn't need to read my mind to know everything about me. Through completely identifying with me, through immediate oneness, my experience and my life immediately become his life. There is no need to consciously *do* anything or to apply any kind of occult or spiritual power. In complete oneness, total and exhaustive knowledge is already there.

      In response to a question by one of his guards about overcoming weaknesses, Sri Chinmoy responded that the most effective way to remove the hurdles in our life is through love of God. I'd like just to excerpt a couple sentences from his answer, which can be found in the twenty-third volume of `Sri Chinmoy Answers' (http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1347/1/2/index.html):

      "This whole world is run by a Power. We call it the Cosmic Knowledge, the Cosmic Wisdom, the Cosmic Power. Where has that Power come from? It has come from God's Love. God's Love created the Cosmic Power, and we can enter into the Cosmic Power when we love God."

      I like that idea that God's Love is precedential to God's Power. I think that's why Sri Chinmoy was able to answer the question so quickly. He just used his universal oneness-heart and became inseparably one with the consciousness and life of Bach and of Beethoven. From that position of absolute identification and oneness, he was able to speak so clearly, so confidently and so thoroughly. And that suggests a power that far surpasses any occult or psychic attainment.

      Just my opinion!