25127purity in the mind

  • purnakama2000
    Sep 25, 2011
      Recently I was reading a talk by Guru about having purity in the mind. I'm paraphrasing, but the essence of what he said was that someone who has purity in the mind does not see the bad qualities in others.

      Then today, someone sent me this story entitled The Window from Which We Look.
      I do not know who the author is, but it illustrates Guru's point perfectly.
      It certainly made me pause and reflect.

      Enjoy!

      The Window from Which We Look

      A young couple moves into a new neighborhood.

      The next morning while they are eating breakfast,

      The young woman sees her neighbor hanging the wash outside.

      "That laundry is not very clean", she said.

      "She doesn't know how to wash correctly.

      Perhaps she needs better laundry soap."

      Her husband looked on, but remained silent.

      Every time her neighbor would hang her wash to dry,

      The young woman would make the same comments.

      About one month later, the woman was surprised to see a

      Nice clean wash on the line and said to her husband:

      "Look, she has learned how to wash correctly.

      I wonder who taught her this."

      The husband said, "I got up early this morning and

      Cleaned our windows."

      And so it is with life. What we see when watching others

      Depends on the purity of the window through which we look.

      Purnakama