24382Re: First World Harmony Run 2010 in Puerto Rico!

    Feb 19, 2010
      I enjoyed reading your account Arpan and the photos are indeed "great". I am curious if you made it to Vieques Island during your trip there - I went on an overnight side trip to this island which is a 1 1/2 hr ferry ride from the eastern coast of Puerto Rico.

      The trip to this island was certainly a sightseeing highlight for me. Between the undeveloped state of the island (half of it was a U.S. military base until 1983) and the exquisite beaches, along with the bioluminescent bay night swim, I truly morphed into one serious beach lover! If I had to choose, I think I would rank Vieques Island as the most beautiful ocean, beach and nature setting I have experienced anywhere in the world.

      I do hope to write about the statue dedication in the botanical garden and other Sri Chinmoy Centre Puerto Rico Christmas Trip highlights soon. Until then, I have started sharing photos so far just of Cartagena, Colombia over at:
      http://tinyurl.com/d4pak

      Sharani
      p.s. Palyati has also loaded an album of Cartagena trip photos as well at the Centre Galleries.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic