22538Talk on Creativity, and a gratitude-poem

    Apr 25, 2008
      Dear friends, looking for Sri Chinmoy's writings on creativity I found
      this very nice talk.

      Guru means "He who illumines", and when Sri Chinmoy approached any
      subject, he did just that; he shed light on it, with all his love and
      concern for humanity.

      In this talk, taken from the book "Illumination-Fruits", Guru talks
      about the inner aspect of creativity. I find it very useful, so I want
      to share it with you:

      "Each person is meaningless and fruitless if he or she does not enter
      into the field of creativity. Without inner and outer creativity, man
      is nothing but a great failure, not only in the eyes of humanity, but
      in the Eye of God, too. Each soul is endowed with creativity. But the
      soul finds it extremely difficult to convince the mind, the vital and
      the physical that they can consciously co-operate with the soul, that
      they all can create together and fulfil the Divine here on earth.

      Creativity does not mean that one has to write poems or articles, or
      compose songs. Creativity means one's inner concern for the expansion
      of what he is or what he has. When one consciously wants to go beyond
      his capacity and beyond his achievement, only then do we find real
      creativity, only then can creativity have its proper value, worth and

      Where does one find the source of creativity? If one wants his
      creation to be permanent and eternal, then that creation must come
      from the soul—not from the mind, not from the vital, not even from the
      heart. In the heart, in the mind, in the vital and even in the gross
      physical, one can also see creativity, but the achievements of that
      creativity can never be lasting. It is only the soul's creativity that
      can be abiding. So creativity can be in the physical, in the heart, in
      the mind, in the soul—anywhere. But if it is in the inner life, the
      soul's region, then only can the aspirant be truly happy.

      Each moment man can create in the inner world. He can easily bring his
      creation to the fore through his constant inner urge. Without
      creativity, man is no better than an animal. With creativity, man can
      divinely claim that he is God's true and worthy son. One who really
      creates something, inner or outer, but especially inner, is God's true
      Pride. Creativity man must cherish; creativity he must adore."
      -Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

      And now, the gratitude-poem for today, taken from the book "The Wings
      of Gratitude", a collection of gratitude-poems by Sri Chinmoy.

      April 25

      "When we have gratitude,
      We are like a flower
      That is blossoming petal by petal