21342Re: Winter and Christmas carols

  • purnakama2000
    Nov 30, 2007
      Brrr... it was -30c here last night Sarah, so that tea really smells
      good right now! And the fire is very soothing and warming. I just
      came in from outside so I'll have to put on my fuzzy slippers and
      cozy up a little closer to it.

      And yes, 17c above zero is approximately 62F above zero. I also know
      that that the 2 scales meet at approximately -40 c or F.
      We were frighteningly close to that last night, and then I forgot to
      unplug my car this morning and I dragged my block heater cord all
      the way to work under my car. I do it at least once a winter!
      Luckily it still works as it's going to be just as frosty tonight.

      Keep the kettle on and the fire blazing:)
      I'll be coming back for a few more steaming cups!

      Purnakama

      PS for a real treat, try boiling apple juice with cinnamon, cardomom
      and nutmeg. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarah_inseattle
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Hi Purnakama! Hi Doris! Hi Beverly!
      > Ring ring! Hi everybody! Sorry I'm late--- tea time isn't over
      yet, I
      > hope? Forgive my rushing in... I've brought some herbal chai tea
      > with honey, made by Silence-Heart-Nest Restauarnt here in Seattle.
      > It is the best! Will you try some with me?
      >
      > Mmmmm, Purnakama's Bengali spice tea smells great. So does Doris's
      > Roiboos Vanille! And look at that pretty red color.
      >
      > What a nice fire you have going! I do believe I'll pull my chair
      up
      > a little closer.
      >
      > I am loving reading the wintry scene Purnakama has painted for us.
      > just love walking in a snowfall at night. Aren't your days very
      > short now, as we approach the winter solstice? In Seattle, we will
      > have 8 hours of daylight on the shortest day of the year, with
      > sunrise around 8 a.m. and sunset around 4 p.m. What about where
      you
      > are, Doris?
      >
      > I had never heard the alternate lyrics to Away in a Manger. They
      are
      > very sweet. Who did you say wrote the lyrics?
      >
      > Geez, I really screwed up with that unit converter from Celsius to
      > Farenheit, heh heh heh. I think it was the negative sign (or lack
      > thereof.) Is 17 Celsius equal to 62 Farenheit? I give up! Well, -
      17
      > degrees Celsius/O degrees Farenheit is still pretty darned cold.
      >
      > Now let us try some of these homemade shortbread cookies...who did
      > you say made them? Oh, Purnakama, I almost forgot: I brought you
      > some chocolate! Anybody else want some?
      >
      > In Winter Cosy-ness,
      > Sarah
      > Seattle