20862Re: Oneness

  • tejvan13
    Oct 28, 2007
      Suren,

      Thanks for the thoughtful remarks. I agree that this experience has
      brought out a feeling of oneness amongst the members of the Centre and
      beyond.

      I am also pleased to see a revival of posting to this group; in
      particular, there have been some memorable poems and stories ( I
      deeply cherish Michael's unique conversation-poems, and I never knew
      Doris was such a good poet.)

      > The only thing is: I haven't got the slightest clue what to write
      > about. I guess this will have to do for now...

      As one who quite often has nothing really to say either, sometimes it
      is just good to hear from people in different parts of the world.

      BTW, I still remember reading with great joy the famous Icelandic 2
      mile races (undertaken in the pitch black, -16 degrees. 2 runners, 5
      helpers - that kind of thing :)

      Regards,

      Tejvan

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, icysuren
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Dear Everyone.
      >
      > A lot has changed since Guru's return to His Eternal Abode. Without
      > the physical presence of Guru, who constantly showered on us his human
      > kindness, sweetness and concern (because, let's face it, we're not
      > quite ready for 24-hour spirituality), we are forced to look in other
      > directions for our human comfort and concern (the spiritual side is,
      > naturally, still being taken care of by Guru, as many have already
      > pointed out in this forum).
      >
      > How fortunate we are that Guru has perfectly prepared us for this
      > moment, through his relentless teachings.
      >
      > One of the things we can look to now is oneness within our community.
      > This is something I felt stronger than ever before during the
      > memorial week in New York. Everyone was showing so much compassion
      > and concern.
      >
      > Will this continue, one may ask? Well, I guess it is up to us to keep
      > it up, but it will take some effort.
      >
      > In my own small way, I am trying to get more involved in the Centre
      > activities and doing them more wholeheartedly. Actually, it is quite
      > a fulfilling experience, since all the members of my centre seem to be
      > of the same opinion.
      >
      > I would also like to nourish my oneness with my friends from all the
      > different centres from around the world. I guess one way of doing
      > this is writing in this forum.
      >
      > So, I've decided to post something after an absence of several years.
      > The only thing is: I haven't got the slightest clue what to write
      > about. I guess this will have to do for now...
      >
      > Suren
      > P.S. It is actually took quite a lot of time and effort to write this
      > letter. The long absence has made me rusty. And, anyway, I'm a slow
      > writer.
      >
      > P.P.S. I'm wondering if I should change my account name. Icysuren
      > sounded funny when I created it several years ago, but I'm wondering
      > if it's a bit inappropriate. What do you think?

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic