20177Re: How to print Inspiration-Letters

  • johnji_nz
    Jun 23, 2007
      You're very welcome Doris, although seeing you are on a PC I don't
      know how much help my advice would have been.

      Was I being sarcastic? It certainly wasn't my intention—if you have
      intuited it then it is deeper than on the actual page ;-) —and I am
      too much of a snob, as opposed to a cynic, to put winks and smiley
      faces in my writing to underscore humour (which it really was), or the
      attempt at such, normally.

      My attempt at humour, "laying on hands," may have fallen flat—it is a
      play on words, a common religious expression for miracle working,
      perhaps equally applicable to the seeming ability of an expert when
      applied to computers.

      Of course you might be referring to my famous, or infamous "Technical
      Support" article (http://tinyurl.com/ynr8tz), which definitely was
      tinged sarcastic, and was an in-joke between myself and the person it
      concerns, who in the computer-world at least deserves all the teasing
      they get (they weren't offended in the slightest).

      Anyway, enough of myself—now would be as good a time as any to mention
      an inspiring, as opposed to sarcastic, piece of writing, this time by
      Noivedya—his account of doing the 12 hour walk recently in New York:
      "Agonising Bliss" (http://tinyurl.com/2f4m2t).

      John-Paul
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic