20090Re: 6 & 10 Day race

  • rathin31
    May 31, 2007
      Utpal, your race video is wonderful. You have captured a part of this
      epic experience, and have offered it to the world. The runners you
      interviewed seem to be radiating a special light, even if they are not
      aware of it! They may be suffering, but the joy they are giving to the
      rest of us is unfathomable. Unfathomable because we can't express
      exactly why self-transcendence thrills us to the core; it is beyond
      our mind's realm and beyond what words can convey. Words can simply
      point to, but not capture, the feelings that swell within. For me it
      is as if my soul is leaping, and proclaiming, simply, "yes!" in accord
      with what it is witnessing via the medium of cyberspace. The video may
      take up a few scant inches of monitor space, but for a few moments it
      is a portal, transporting us directly to Flushing Meadow, Queens, and
      the instantaneous nature of the journey makes the experience all the
      more powerful. Thank you for your service to the ultra-running world,
      Utpal.

      Rathin

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Dear Utpal, I want to thank you for your wonderful work.....in the
      > last 10 years I have struggled mightily with my running, sometimes
      > stopping for months...injuries, decreased energy levels, blood sugar
      > control problems, you name it, I have gone through it. And eventually
      > discouragement, the worst of diseases, creeps in.
      >
      > Last year I was inspired to do the Self-Transcendence Marathon in
      > August. I did it with no base training at all; just because I wanted
      > to challenge impossibility, which had been getting the better of me
      > for years.
      >
      > Thanks to God's Grace, my running is coming back, and I love going for
      > a run in the neighborhood, where I do a loop with hills, similar to
      > the kind of terrain I encounter when I visit my mother in Puerto Rico.
      > She lives iin the countryside, and it is a hilly, ondulating course I
      > run out there.
      >
      > It is really nice to listen and see the runners as they talk a little
      > about themselves and their experience in the race. Sri Chinmoy has
      > inspired so many countless people in the world through his worldwide
      > initiatives in sports, music, art and literature. His mighty
      > achievements in all these fields is a testament to how he practices
      > what he preaches: self-transcendence.
      >
      > Since I started studying meditation with Sri Chinmoy, I have become
      > more athletic, having run more than 8 marathons....my musical
      > capacities have also increased, and I am happier than ever, as I feel
      > more love for humanity than ever before.
      >
      > I am also grateful to the organizers of these multi-day races, and to
      > you for bringing us a little of this wonderful world of
      > self-transcendence through running.
      >
      > I hope that many more people watch this videos and get inspired to run
      > and strive to ever-transcending goals.
      >
      > Kamalakanta
      >
      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, utpalmarshall
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > We had this little race in New York recently, you might have heard
      > > about it. A little thing really. Just 80 runners from all over the
      > > world running around Flushing Meadow for 6 and 10 days. Don't
      > believe me?
      > >

      > > check it out
      > >
      > > http://www.srichinmoy.tv/tv/170
      > >
      > > much thanks