20088Re: 6 & 10 Day race

    May 30, 2007
      Dear Utpal, I want to thank you for your wonderful work.....in the
      last 10 years I have struggled mightily with my running, sometimes
      stopping for months...injuries, decreased energy levels, blood sugar
      control problems, you name it, I have gone through it. And eventually
      discouragement, the worst of diseases, creeps in.

      Last year I was inspired to do the Self-Transcendence Marathon in
      August. I did it with no base training at all; just because I wanted
      to challenge impossibility, which had been getting the better of me
      for years.

      Thanks to God's Grace, my running is coming back, and I love going for
      a run in the neighborhood, where I do a loop with hills, similar to
      the kind of terrain I encounter when I visit my mother in Puerto Rico.
      She lives iin the countryside, and it is a hilly, ondulating course I
      run out there.

      It is really nice to listen and see the runners as they talk a little
      about themselves and their experience in the race. Sri Chinmoy has
      inspired so many countless people in the world through his worldwide
      initiatives in sports, music, art and literature. His mighty
      achievements in all these fields is a testament to how he practices
      what he preaches: self-transcendence.

      Since I started studying meditation with Sri Chinmoy, I have become
      more athletic, having run more than 8 marathons....my musical
      capacities have also increased, and I am happier than ever, as I feel
      more love for humanity than ever before.

      I am also grateful to the organizers of these multi-day races, and to
      you for bringing us a little of this wonderful world of
      self-transcendence through running.

      I hope that many more people watch this videos and get inspired to run
      and strive to ever-transcending goals.

      Kamalakanta

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, utpalmarshall
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > We had this little race in New York recently, you might have heard
      > about it. A little thing really. Just 80 runners from all over the
      > world running around Flushing Meadow for 6 and 10 days. Don't
      believe me?

      > check it out
      >
      > http://www.srichinmoy.tv/tv/170
      >
      > much thanks