20061Re: The way of the warrior

  • cott_doris
    May 26, 2007
      I am not sure I got to what I wanted to say.

      Through sickness sometimes one can get a glimpse of the long race and
      what you might went through, but if you don't tell us we will never
      come to know.

      Therefore I was happy and it would be great to hear more about the
      divine adventure of running 3100 miles!!

      Doris

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, cott_doris
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > I am so happy to get some insights into this world of your's while
      > running, I would even write more but can not sit for too long but
      > find it worth to reply to.
      >
      > You are both most probably right in what you are saying. I
      > particularly 'admire' Smarana's and others modesty on speaking
      about
      > the long run.
      >
      > I thought maybe people with serious diseases or people being in
      pain
      > suffering from this or that have a little bit of a similar
      experience
      > fighting maybe for their life, what is actually not my case but a
      > friends'. You know what I mean?
      >
      > Someone's receptivity to God might have been increased through pain
      > or through the grace of God and someone may feel that by making fun
      > of him or her unintentionally, who might even be called a doctor
      one
      > might receive a very good life energy and increases one's willpower
      > in the never ending race.
      >
      > Doris
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, smarana31
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi dear fellow runner,
      > >
      > > how nicely you have described and the innocent joy of a
      > > child, that only the child in the runner can taste to the
      > > full extend. Sri Chinmoy always emphasises the importance of
      > > a childlike attitude. If we can feel like a 7 year old child,
      > > we are immediately living in our heart and enjoying
      > > experiences in its pristine essence, without the mind as an
      > > intermediate station, that wants to explain and analyse. If
      > > the mind is involved, things are getting dry and the
      > > fragrance goes away. The mind has its meaning for counting
      > > 1+1 and things like that, but if we want to taste the
      > > immediate pristine joy, we have to stay in the heart.
      > >
      > > Yes, definitely every runner is a different person after such
      > > a race, as you wrote, that in the beginning you do not
      > > recognise it, but at least after the race, you feel that you
      > > have left an old life behind. You have worn off so much of
      > > the old stuff, that you were carrying around, and the body
      > > seems to shine with an inner light. At least, that is the way
      > > I feel it. The chakra of light, that is getting stronger as
      > > the race advances, is spinning and helping the runners, to
      > > keep the pace, and go on day for day. Madhupran Schwerk, the
      > > current world record holder for the 3100miles race (42days)
      > > said, "There is so much prana around, I can just feel it and
      > > use it."
      > >
      > > I always tell people, that this race is more a pilgrimage
      > > than a competition. It may be ten years back, when Al Howie,
      > > an ultra-running legend said, "You come to the ultraraces
      > > from The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team, and you leave as a better
      > > person." For all the critics, is that not a reason?
      > >
      > > Happy running and keep fit
      > >
      > > Smarana
      > >
      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sopan_31
> [...]
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic