20058Re: The way of the warrior

  • chanakhya78
    May 25 7:05 PM
      Hi,
      I just want to put in my 2 cents. When I discovered that to be in
      the heart when we run in these Multiday races is the secret to
      achieving the goal, I started to improve beyond what I even dreamed I
      could.When we can maintain a happy and cheerful attitude while running
      in these races, all the mind induced pain goes away.If we identify
      with the joy of others who are having a good day, rather than have
      jealousy, we can smile.When we smile we bring joy into our
      hearts.These races not only give us the opportunity to get this joy,
      but to share it with all those who come to watch or read about it.

      Finally I want to say that the courage and cheerfullness that all
      of you show in the 3100 mile race, inspires us not only in our running
      endeavours, but also to have this kind of attitude in everything we do
      in our lives.

      Thank you

      Chanakhya

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, smarana31
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Hi dear fellow runner,
      >
      > how nicely you have described and the innocent joy of a
      > child, that only the child in the runner can taste to the
      > full extend. Sri Chinmoy always emphasises the importance of
      > a childlike attitude. If we can feel like a 7 year old child,
      > we are immediately living in our heart and enjoying
      > experiences in its pristine essence, without the mind as an
      > intermediate station, that wants to explain and analyse. If
      > the mind is involved, things are getting dry and the
      > fragrance goes away. The mind has its meaning for counting
      > 1+1 and things like that, but if we want to taste the
      > immediate pristine joy, we have to stay in the heart.
      >
      > Yes, definitely every runner is a different person after such
      > a race, as you wrote, that in the beginning you do not
      > recognise it, but at least after the race, you feel that you
      > have left an old life behind. You have worn off so much of
      > the old stuff, that you were carrying around, and the body
      > seems to shine with an inner light. At least, that is the way
      > I feel it. The chakra of light, that is getting stronger as
      > the race advances, is spinning and helping the runners, to
      > keep the pace, and go on day for day. Madhupran Schwerk, the
      > current world record holder for the 3100miles race (42days)
      > said, "There is so much prana around, I can just feel it and
      > use it."
      >
      > I always tell people, that this race is more a pilgrimage
      > than a competition. It may be ten years back, when Al Howie,
      > an ultra-running legend said, "You come to the ultraraces
      > from The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team, and you leave as a better
      > person." For all the critics, is that not a reason?
      >
      > Happy running and keep fit
      >
      > Smarana
      >
      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sopan_31
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > 3100 Miles! What is to run 3100 miles? How does it feel to
      > > run in circles for 50 days with not a single day off? You can
      > > never know if haven't been there running on the stone hard
      > > concrete, under the blazing merciless hot sun, fighting
      > > fatigue, injuries, problems and going through emotional
      > > extremes due to the harsh conditions of this challenge of a
      > > life time.
      > >
      > > You start running as someone, you keep running as the same
      > > person for a week or two and than you realize you are someone
      > > else and than someone else and someone else, you keep
      > > changing, the world around you changes, it becomes more
      > > simple, little things give you joy, simple jokes make you
      > > laugh loud.
      > >
      > > You are bound to the invisible chakra circle of energy, 883
      > > meter loop but you are more free than ever in your life, you
      > > can scream with laughter, you can jump, you can push yourself
      > > ever harder and your joy and happiness know no bounds because
      > > you are fulfilling the mission of your existence, manifesting
      > > the unlimited will power, unleashing the spirit of the
> [...]
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic