20054Re: The way of the warrior

  • cott_doris
    May 25, 2007
      I am so happy to get some insights into this world of your's while
      running, I would even write more but can not sit for too long but
      find it worth to reply to.

      You are both most probably right in what you are saying. I
      particularly 'admire' Smarana's and others modesty on speaking about
      the long run.

      I thought maybe people with serious diseases or people being in pain
      suffering from this or that have a little bit of a similar experience
      fighting maybe for their life, what is actually not my case but a
      friends'. You know what I mean?

      Someone's receptivity to God might have been increased through pain
      or through the grace of God and someone may feel that by making fun
      of him or her unintentionally, who might even be called a doctor one
      might receive a very good life energy and increases one's willpower
      in the never ending race.

      Doris

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, smarana31
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Hi dear fellow runner,
      >
      > how nicely you have described and the innocent joy of a
      > child, that only the child in the runner can taste to the
      > full extend. Sri Chinmoy always emphasises the importance of
      > a childlike attitude. If we can feel like a 7 year old child,
      > we are immediately living in our heart and enjoying
      > experiences in its pristine essence, without the mind as an
      > intermediate station, that wants to explain and analyse. If
      > the mind is involved, things are getting dry and the
      > fragrance goes away. The mind has its meaning for counting
      > 1+1 and things like that, but if we want to taste the
      > immediate pristine joy, we have to stay in the heart.
      >
      > Yes, definitely every runner is a different person after such
      > a race, as you wrote, that in the beginning you do not
      > recognise it, but at least after the race, you feel that you
      > have left an old life behind. You have worn off so much of
      > the old stuff, that you were carrying around, and the body
      > seems to shine with an inner light. At least, that is the way
      > I feel it. The chakra of light, that is getting stronger as
      > the race advances, is spinning and helping the runners, to
      > keep the pace, and go on day for day. Madhupran Schwerk, the
      > current world record holder for the 3100miles race (42days)
      > said, "There is so much prana around, I can just feel it and
      > use it."
      >
      > I always tell people, that this race is more a pilgrimage
      > than a competition. It may be ten years back, when Al Howie,
      > an ultra-running legend said, "You come to the ultraraces
      > from The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team, and you leave as a better
      > person." For all the critics, is that not a reason?
      >
      > Happy running and keep fit
      >
      > Smarana
      >
      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sopan_31
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > 3100 Miles! What is to run 3100 miles? How does it feel to
      > > run in circles for 50 days with not a single day off? You can
      > > never know if haven't been there running on the stone hard
      > > concrete, under the blazing merciless hot sun, fighting
      > > fatigue, injuries, problems and going through emotional
      > > extremes due to the harsh conditions of this challenge of a
      > > life time.
      > >
      > > You start running as someone, you keep running as the same
      > > person for a week or two and than you realize you are someone
      > > else and than someone else and someone else, you keep
      > > changing, the world around you changes, it becomes more
      > > simple, little things give you joy, simple jokes make you
      > > laugh loud.
      > >
      > > You are bound to the invisible chakra circle of energy, 883
      > > meter loop but you are more free than ever in your life, you
      > > can scream with laughter, you can jump, you can push yourself
      > > ever harder and your joy and happiness know no bounds because
      > > you are fulfilling the mission of your existence, manifesting
      > > the unlimited will power, unleashing the spirit of the
> [...]
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic