19999Re: IMHO: Perfect Photo

    May 15, 2007
      Hi Sumangali,
      this photo was taken on a street of historic houses in Wickford Rhode
      Island. The blue background is the colour of the house behind the
      flowering tree. Wickford is a wonderful village on the harbor with
      quaint shops and restaurants for tourists and locals alike. The
      popular TV cook in America Rachael Ray chose a brownie from their
      Wickford Gourmet shop to feature on her television show. I took lots
      of photos of the old houses and whatnot when I spent the afternoon
      there recently but mostly posted only the flower photos. You know they
      even have a New Age spiritual bookstore with the first statues for
      sale that I have ever seen in the U.S. of goddesses such as Quan Yin
      and Tara. I really like my Kannon (Japanese Quan Yin) statue that I
      bought in Japan last summer. Enough rambling! Did you see my blog
      entry about lots of flowers (daffodils and roses)
      http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/Members/sharani/blog/archive/2007/05/11/daffodilsindartmouth
      a kind of companion piece perhaps to your blog on wonderful things
      that are tiny?
      http://sumangali.org/2007/05/truly-nothings-small.html

      Sharani
      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sumangali_m
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > This new photo of Sharani's in the Sri Chinmoy Centre Gallery is one
      > my absolute all time favourites... of all time... ever:
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/2vfj3m
      >
      > I love everything about it so I'm not going to even try to appraise it.
      >
      > Its oriental simplicity seems to go well with this koan-like
      > rhetorical poem by Sri Chinmoy:
      >
      > “O my purity-blossom-heart,
      > Where are you?”
      > -Sri Chinmoy