19699Lunar Eclipse

  • nayaknayaknayak
    Mar 17, 2007
      Sri Chinmoy is quite involved with the moon, so it is good to see the
      moon entering into these pages.

      Occasions about the moon and sun:

      Once we were at one of the Celebrations in New York and the moon was
      shining very prominently above us. Guru had us stop our activities and
      meditate on the moon in silence for a few minutes.

      Guru was out on a meditation ride (in a car with his disciple dirver)
      and the moon was full. Guru videotaped it and showed the video at the
      function later. We meditated.

      Guru has so many poems that celebrate the moon and the sun.

      Once, speaking of gratitude, Guru was saying that there are so many
      things to be grateful for. For example, the sun. How often are we
      grateful for the sun?

      Yours,

      Nayak

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, suchana27
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Dear Sarada,
      >
      > Your posting is also answering my question about the next lunar eclipse!
      > I am grateful to nature for all her beautiful displays but in terms of
      > my own spiritual satisfaction, nothing could be more fulfilling than
      > celebrating Guru´s birthday at the same time! :)
      >
      > In oneness-joy,
      >
      > Suchana
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarada1007
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hello Sharani,
      > >
      > > I saw the lunar eclipse on Saturday night, but it wasn't total at the
      > > time so it wasn't red. It was like a crescent moon with the
      > > illuminated part at the top of the moon instead of on the side as it
      > > would usually be. Actually, we didn't really know what it was and the
      > > conversation went along the lines of..
      > > 'look at the moon'
      > > 'that's weird'
      > > 'perhaps it's an eclipse'
      > >
      > > The next eclipse of the moon is apparently on August 28th in the early
      > > hours of the morning (New York time), so if we're up very late on the
      > > 27th we might even see something then! Most auspicious.
      > >
      > > Sarada
      > >

      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sharani_sharani
      > > no_reply@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > If anybody saw the lunar eclipse of the full moon last night, I
      > would
      > > > love to hear about it. I was quite keen on seeing it and drove
      > > > straight from work at 5:00 to the bike path because I knew where in
      > > > the sky the moon rises along the path. Woe was me! It was all cloudy
      > > > in that part of the sky and I did not see it. Tonight at around 7
      > > p.m.
      > > > I was driving and saw it still quite full and luminous in the sky.
      > Oh
      > > > how I wish I could have seen it as it turned red last night...
      > > >
      > > > Sharani

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic