19678Re: On the virtues of indoor exercise

    Mar 9, 2007
      Krandan, you won't have to worry about mosquitoes for awhile!

      In Puerto Rico we get hurricanes too...well, something has to give!

      Good luck in your work, and I hope everyone makes it safely through.

      Kamalakanta

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, krandan_aus
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Kamalakanta,
      > Here on the Northwest coast of Australia we are about to face
      > Tropical cyclone George Category 4(A big one).The humidity is intense.
      > How does that sit with your tropical bug disposition?
      > Last night I was up all night in my role as engineer on an oil
      > vessell going through the procedure of isolating and disconnecting
      > all of the electrical and control systems that connect us to the oil
      > wells on the sea bed 80 metres below us.This allows us to drop our
      > mooring buoy if the cyclone gets too close and sail away. At 3am I
      > took a break and changed my totally sweat saturated overalls.I took
      > my exercise outdoors last night, but with the impending weather
      > change will be following you in pursuing the virtues of indoor
      > exercise. What a wonderful world. Just two weeks ago we were together
      > enjoying Thailand. Now we have all taken our journeys homeward to the
      > corners of the globe. What diversity there is in the Cosmic game!Stay
      > warm brother while I try and stay cool!Smiles from Aus.
      > Krandan Geelong
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Here on the East coast of the United States, we are facing a really
      > > cold, cold front.
      > >
      > > Temperatures are plummetting down to levels as low as they have been
      > > seen all winter long.
      > >
      > > I have been living in the US for the last 14 years, and have grown
      > > accustomed to the winter temperatures....with a limit. When my hands
      > > start freezing (around 32 degrees Farenheit), that is where I draw
      > the
      > > line.
      > >
      > > As much as I admire those who can exercise outdoors in the winter,
      > my
      > > body rejects this kind of weather, which is more than 55 degrees
      > > colder than I am used to.
      > >
      > > Therefore, on I go with my indoor exercise program, inspired by a
      > > Nadal-Federer tennis match...
      > >
      > > Again, kudos to all Nordic souls, but this little tropical bug is
      > > staying home until God decides to make things a little more
      > reasonable
      > > outside.
      > >
      > > Kamalakanta

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic