19678Re: On the virtues of indoor exercise

    Mar 9 12:50 PM
      Krandan, you won't have to worry about mosquitoes for awhile!

      In Puerto Rico we get hurricanes too...well, something has to give!

      Good luck in your work, and I hope everyone makes it safely through.

      Kamalakanta

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, krandan_aus
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Kamalakanta,
      > Here on the Northwest coast of Australia we are about to face
      > Tropical cyclone George Category 4(A big one).The humidity is intense.
      > How does that sit with your tropical bug disposition?
      > Last night I was up all night in my role as engineer on an oil
      > vessell going through the procedure of isolating and disconnecting
      > all of the electrical and control systems that connect us to the oil
      > wells on the sea bed 80 metres below us.This allows us to drop our
      > mooring buoy if the cyclone gets too close and sail away. At 3am I
      > took a break and changed my totally sweat saturated overalls.I took
      > my exercise outdoors last night, but with the impending weather
      > change will be following you in pursuing the virtues of indoor
      > exercise. What a wonderful world. Just two weeks ago we were together
      > enjoying Thailand. Now we have all taken our journeys homeward to the
      > corners of the globe. What diversity there is in the Cosmic game!Stay
      > warm brother while I try and stay cool!Smiles from Aus.
      > Krandan Geelong
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Here on the East coast of the United States, we are facing a really
      > > cold, cold front.
      > >
      > > Temperatures are plummetting down to levels as low as they have been
      > > seen all winter long.
      > >
      > > I have been living in the US for the last 14 years, and have grown
      > > accustomed to the winter temperatures....with a limit. When my hands
      > > start freezing (around 32 degrees Farenheit), that is where I draw
      > the
      > > line.
      > >
      > > As much as I admire those who can exercise outdoors in the winter,
      > my
      > > body rejects this kind of weather, which is more than 55 degrees
      > > colder than I am used to.
      > >
      > > Therefore, on I go with my indoor exercise program, inspired by a
      > > Nadal-Federer tennis match...
      > >
      > > Again, kudos to all Nordic souls, but this little tropical bug is
      > > staying home until God decides to make things a little more
      > reasonable
      > > outside.
      > >
      > > Kamalakanta

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic