19672Re: OT: Did you see the lunar eclipse?

  • sarada1007
    Mar 8, 2007
      Hello Sharani,

      I saw the lunar eclipse on Saturday night, but it wasn't total at the
      time so it wasn't red. It was like a crescent moon with the
      illuminated part at the top of the moon instead of on the side as it
      would usually be. Actually, we didn't really know what it was and the
      conversation went along the lines of..
      'look at the moon'
      'that's weird'
      'perhaps it's an eclipse'

      The next eclipse of the moon is apparently on August 28th in the early
      hours of the morning (New York time), so if we're up very late on the
      27th we might even see something then! Most auspicious.

      Sarada

      > If anybody saw the lunar eclipse of the full moon last night, I would
      > love to hear about it. I was quite keen on seeing it and drove
      > straight from work at 5:00 to the bike path because I knew where in
      > the sky the moon rises along the path. Woe was me! It was all cloudy
      > in that part of the sky and I did not see it. Tonight at around 7
      p.m.
      > I was driving and saw it still quite full and luminous in the sky. Oh
      > how I wish I could have seen it as it turned red last night...
      >
      > Sharani

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic