19633Talking to my father...after his death

    Feb 27, 2007
      My father, as many of you may know from a previous posting, passed
      away on Nov. 18, 2006, after a brief but painful illness.

      As I travelled to the Far East with our spiritual group in January and
      February, a desire kept forming in my mind: to talk to my father once
      again.

      I wondered if he could hear me talking to him when I looked at the
      stars at night, or at the ocean and flowers during the day, or on my
      way to the tennis club with my friends...

      I used to call him and chat with him about nothing at all, sometimes
      exchanging jokes, listening to his advice, or just a "how are you?".

      So it came as a surprise on my last night in Thailand when I called my
      father on the phone one more time, and lo and behold, he answered the
      phone! We chatted happily, just like the good old days, about nothing
      and everything all at once! When I hung up the phone, I said to
      myself: "This is great! He passed away, and yet there he is again, and
      I can speak to him!"

      It was at that moment that I faintly realised I was dreaming. When I
      woke up I was so busy packing sound equipment, I forgot about the
      dream. Only hours later, on the flight from Bangkok to New York, did I
      remember this special event: God had granted me my wish, to talk to my
      father once again.

      Kamalakanta