19348Re: Swans and Gods

  • cott_doris
    Dec 21, 2006
      ...and how they can make one happy...

      I just have to share my joy that brought tears to my eyes today. I
      wasn't out of my flat for two days. This evening when I went out and
      cross the bridge - O God what was this??

      Six (Six!!) swans had their gathering at the familiar place and
      were 'happily' dancing on the waves of the river. I have come to the
      place for over a year and now after telling them that they have
      become famous through the internet and should know about it they
      spread the message. How clever!

      But serious; it gave me so much joy to feel that dear God might have
      sent them. However.

      When I came back there were four swans left. The other two might have
      escorted the fourth and went down the river to their respective
      place. God knows, maybe they are hiding under the bridge.

      Now there is no single one anymore and the world is in order, no
      sting in the heart anymore.

      Thank you, God, I am so happy. And thank you, Pavitrata, because your
      collage inspired me to write about the swans.

      Doris
      with beaming smiles :-D

      > Dear Doris,
      > This post evokes so many feelings and visual images. Your
      description
      > of the swans at night under the moon is especially beautiful.
      > Pavitrata's collage image is a perfect ending for it too. The next
      > time that I see swans my memory will wing back to your writing here
      today.

      > thank-you,
      > Sharani
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, cott_doris
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >

      > > On a daily basis I am crossing a tiny river-bridge. I never miss
      > > look out for the swans and stop to watch them. There is
      a 'couple' and
      > > a 'single' who are always together in a respectful distance. The
      water
      > > is clear and clean and I can see how easily they paddle with
      their
      > > fints against the stream. (In summer we would go swimming there
      and it
      > > was hard to swim against the stream, we slowly, slowly would be
      > > swimming backwards). I know there are hundreds of explanations
      for that
      > > yet to me it seems to be like a miracle. The swan as such is so
      > > beautiful created, and I wonder sometimes what might be in
      > > their 'minds'. Well, this sounds childish I know.
      > >
      > > In the evening when it is already dark the whole surroundings on
      the
      > > bridge look so different, kind of mysic. I have to look out for
      the
      > > swans and then ah.. there they are. The water seems to shine in
      black,
      > > peacefully murmering and the light of the lamps are reflected on
      it. As
      > > I said it might be childish but I have some sympathetic feelings
      about
      > > one of the swans being alone especially in the dark of the night.
      Only
      > > the moon is watching and the clouds are on their way.
      > >
      > > Like standing still in the flowing water just a little bit of
      dancing
      > > on the waves the two others are next to each other looking
      straight
      > > forward into the night noticing the third one passing by.
      > >
      > > Gently one of the two turns around and follows it; the 'left' one
      stays
      > > in unchanged position. I wonder what their stories are and leave
      it to
      > > the Unknown. Soon they would be standing united again looking
      into the
      > > same darkness of night.
      > >
      > > One of the stories might be that my outer eyes can't see the real
      > > beauty as so vividly captured on the following picture by
      Pavitrata. I
      > > will keep it in mind and may not feel the error in the heart when
      seing
      > > the swan floating 'lonely' on the river at night, as myself am
      not
      > > alone and lonely in this fast universe.
      > >
      > > May He quickly raise the curtain and let me SEE clearer.
      > >
      > > http://tinyurl.com/yy8alr
      > >
      > > Doris

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic