19342Re: Swans and Gods

  • cott_doris
    Dec 20, 2006
      Dear Sharani, yes I am sure you have your own beautiful swan-
      memories. I have been watching your swan pictures just a couple of
      days ago.

      Well. By the way, I think I didn't mean an "error" but an "arrow" or
      a "sting" or a "ping" or "pong". ;-) So much for beauty in writing! I
      was amused about the ERROR and stll in a funny mood...no serious,
      it's nice you liked it. Thank you for encouraging me.

      BUUUT...Pavitrata's swan photo is surely NOOOT a collage. ;-)

      Wish you all the Love

      > Dear Doris,
      > This post evokes so many feelings and visual images. Your
      description
      > of the swans at night under the moon is especially beautiful.
      > Pavitrata's collage image is a perfect ending for it too. The next
      > time that I see swans my memory will wing back to your writing here
      today.

      > thank-you,
      > Sharani
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, cott_doris
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >

      > > On a daily basis I am crossing a tiny river-bridge. I never miss
      > > look out for the swans and stop to watch them. There is
      a 'couple' and
      > > a 'single' who are always together in a respectful distance. The
      water
      > > is clear and clean and I can see how easily they paddle with
      their
      > > fints against the stream. (In summer we would go swimming there
      and it
      > > was hard to swim against the stream, we slowly, slowly would be
      > > swimming backwards). I know there are hundreds of explanations
      for that
      > > yet to me it seems to be like a miracle. The swan as such is so
      > > beautiful created, and I wonder sometimes what might be in
      > > their 'minds'. Well, this sounds childish I know.
      > >
      > > In the evening when it is already dark the whole surroundings on
      the
      > > bridge look so different, kind of mysic. I have to look out for
      the
      > > swans and then ah.. there they are. The water seems to shine in
      black,
      > > peacefully murmering and the light of the lamps are reflected on
      it. As
      > > I said it might be childish but I have some sympathetic feelings
      about
      > > one of the swans being alone especially in the dark of the night.
      Only
      > > the moon is watching and the clouds are on their way.
      > >
      > > Like standing still in the flowing water just a little bit of
      dancing
      > > on the waves the two others are next to each other looking
      straight
      > > forward into the night noticing the third one passing by.
      > >
      > > Gently one of the two turns around and follows it; the 'left' one
      stays
      > > in unchanged position. I wonder what their stories are and leave
      it to
      > > the Unknown. Soon they would be standing united again looking
      into the
      > > same darkness of night.
      > >
      > > One of the stories might be that my outer eyes can't see the real
      > > beauty as so vividly captured on the following picture by
      Pavitrata. I
      > > will keep it in mind and may not feel the error in the heart when
      seing
      > > the swan floating 'lonely' on the river at night, as myself am
      not
      > > alone and lonely in this fast universe.
      > >
      > > May He quickly raise the curtain and let me SEE clearer.
      > >
      > > http://tinyurl.com/yy8alr
      > >
      > > Doris

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic