19339Re: Swans and Gods

    Dec 19, 2006
      Dear Doris,
      This post evokes so many feelings and visual images. Your description
      of the swans at night under the moon is especially beautiful.
      Pavitrata's collage image is a perfect ending for it too. The next
      time that I see swans my memory will wing back to your writing here today.

      thank-you,
      Sharani

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, cott_doris
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > On a daily basis I am crossing a tiny river-bridge. I never miss to
      > look out for the swans and stop to watch them. There is a 'couple' and
      > a 'single' who are always together in a respectful distance. The water
      > is clear and clean and I can see how easily they paddle with their
      > fints against the stream. (In summer we would go swimming there and it
      > was hard to swim against the stream, we slowly, slowly would be
      > swimming backwards). I know there are hundreds of explanations for that
      > yet to me it seems to be like a miracle. The swan as such is so
      > beautiful created, and I wonder sometimes what might be in
      > their 'minds'. Well, this sounds childish I know.
      >
      > In the evening when it is already dark the whole surroundings on the
      > bridge look so different, kind of mysic. I have to look out for the
      > swans and then ah.. there they are. The water seems to shine in black,
      > peacefully murmering and the light of the lamps are reflected on it. As
      > I said it might be childish but I have some sympathetic feelings about
      > one of the swans being alone especially in the dark of the night. Only
      > the moon is watching and the clouds are on their way.
      >
      > Like standing still in the flowing water just a little bit of dancing
      > on the waves the two others are next to each other looking straight
      > forward into the night noticing the third one passing by.
      >
      > Gently one of the two turns around and follows it; the 'left' one stays
      > in unchanged position. I wonder what their stories are and leave it to
      > the Unknown. Soon they would be standing united again looking into the
      > same darkness of night.
      >
      > One of the stories might be that my outer eyes can't see the real
      > beauty as so vividly captured on the following picture by Pavitrata. I
      > will keep it in mind and may not feel the error in the heart when seing
      > the swan floating 'lonely' on the river at night, as myself am not
      > alone and lonely in this fast universe.
      >
      > May He quickly raise the curtain and let me SEE clearer.
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/yy8alr
      >
      > Doris

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic