19269Re: OT: Time for a new camera?

    Dec 6, 2006
      Hi Pavitrata,
      Thanks for taking the time to suggest some cameras for me to look at. I have never heard
      of the one that won the award you mention and will check it out. I must say I am finding
      out just how hopelessly hooked I am on taking pictures now that it's driving me slightly
      crazy that so many shots I try to take aren't coming out right. Interior shots - forget it! As
      the daylight wanes, same story! At least I know that dropping a camera can be part of the
      territory once a hobby reaches the next level of commitment.

      Sharani
      p.s. thankfully I am finally on the mend. However, I cannot promise that means any great
      missives are waiting in the wings. Right now I am too tired in that contented kind of way
      from having done lots of sightseeing today. I wish I was staying here more than a mere
      week. It is extraordinarily beautiful. I'll have to try to shift into travelogue mode soon and
      see if I can convey it.

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, pavitrata27 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Hi Sharani,
      >
      > Welcome to the DCC (dropped camera club), I think I am up to seven
      > that were bad enough to be write-offs.
      >
      > You could look at the bijou Canon F30, I have one, am delighted with
      > it, it won the European Compact Camera of the Year Award. Personally
      > I feel your photography has progressed so well that you are ready
      > for a digital SLR. You could look at the new Canon 400D or the new
      > Nikon D40, both very light and portable.
      >
      > All the above are digital.
      >
      > I hope you are healing well.
      >
      > Best wishes,
      > Pavitrata

      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I forgot that messages created in Safari and submitted to the
      > Inspiration Group
      > > automatically insert a funny partial line word wrap. Sorry that my
      > recent messages
      > > featured this visual distraction. I am attempting to write in the
      > Mac's textedit feature to
      > > see if that makes a difference. I only have the Safari browser on
      > the computer I am
      > > borrowing so I will see if this is a good workaround for
      > wraparound of lines in a proper
      > > fashion.
      > >
      > > I may be asking for camera advice soon from some of our members
      > who like to take
      > > photographs. While my camera did not break when I fell and it too
      > went flying through the
      > > air with a rough landing, I am now realizing that something in it
      > must be damaged. Having
      > > loaded photos onto the computer from my trip and working with them
      > in Iphoto, I see that
      > > perhaps 80 percent of them are somehow defective. The few that I
      > worked with to get to a
      > > decent state required serious and drastic editing of things that
      > should have been
      > > automatic. Perhaps I will bring it to a camera shop in the next
      > place with a town nearby. Or
      > > I may have to buy a new camera.
      > >
      > > I guess my camera has its own version of a knock to the noggin as
      > well. Now I just have to
      > > be patient and accept that it will be much more difficult to get
      > good photographs on this
      > > vacation. I may load a few before I come home. There are at least
      > a few that I like after
      > > much fussing with the brightness, etc.
      > >
      > > I hope if not many visuals wing their way over the Web that you
      > can imagine instead that I
      > > am sending a comparable measure of goodwill and good wishes
      > because so many of my
      > > fellow travellers carry our extended family inside our hearts.
      > >
      > > Sharani

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic