18843Re: Hidden Benefits and Organic Leanings

    Oct 4, 2006
      Hi David,
      Tell us more about your Yahoo user ID if you're inspired. Is this your
      religious background? I grew up Baptist and find it interesting that
      when I was baptised as a teenager it was indeed a very powerful and
      sacred moment in my life. The whole idea of it was that one should be
      old enough to be aware and making the choice to be baptised rather
      than doing it as an infant like in other Christian denominations. In
      my case, the whole preparation process was a time of religious
      yearning in my life that was otherwise not the norm during my growing
      up years.

      By the way, once you fix your member preferences to no email it will
      spare you much spamming. It's definitely the way to go with being in a
      Yahoo discussion group.

      With warm welcome,
      Sharani

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, anglican.orthodox wrote:

      > [Dear David,
      >
      > To help stay safe online, please set your member preferences
      > so that your email address will not be visible.
      > After joining, click on this link (it will open in a new window):

      > Check the box where it says "Hide my email and IP address from the group
      > moderators"
      > Under "Message Delivery", select "No email. Don't send me emails..."
      > Under "Message Format", select "Do not convert to HTML..."
      > Save/Accept the changes
      > Make sure you save the changes (click on "Save Changes"). Now when you
      > post, your email
      > address will not be visible to the public.
      >
      > Also, please turn off invitations:
      >
      > First click on this link (it will open in a new window):

      > If you are asked to sign in, do so now.
      > Once you have signed in, a page listing your known email addresses
      > will appear.
      > To the far right of each email address is the word "Edit" in blue.
      > Click on it.
      > Under "Group Invitations" you will see checkboxes which say:
      >
      > Allow group moderators to directly add me to their groups.
      > Allow group moderators to invite me to their groups.
      >
      > By default, both boxes are checked. Uncheck both boxes.
      > Click the Save Changes button.
      > Repeat steps 2-3 for every email account listed.
      >
      > Thank you
      > Sri Chinmoy Inspiration Group moderators]
      >

      > What a wonderful story! I too have a tendency to be reserved and
      > reticent.In times when I have been put in situations where I am
      > forced to interact with total strangers, I have come away feeling
      > enriched by these encounters and wondering why I tried to avoid them
      > in the first place.
      > David

      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Recently I was helping out with a major postering effort to
      > advertise
      > > some meditation workshops to be given in our area. With no
      > irreverence
      > > intended, :-) I'm calling it integral postering. The first postering
      > > ingredient in a state without much public transit is gas in the car.
      > > How funny then that as I pulled into the gas station, the car ahead
      > of
      > > me had all these spiritual and new age bumper stickers. With my
      > radar
      > > on, I watched the car circle around the supermarket parking lot only
      > > to pull up at the pump on the other side of me. Of course, I had to
      > > share a flyer with the driver of this car even though I was across
      > the
      > > state line from the workshop location at that moment. She was also a
      > > commuter and didn't live all that far from the class location.
      > >
      > > Feeling this was an auspicious beginning to my efforts, I enjoyed
      > > extending the theme of combining efforts and integrating the task
      > into
      > > the rest of my routine. One of my friends had just read the book
> [...]
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic