16609Re: Coretta Scott King - First Lady of American Civil Rights

  • parashita7
    Feb 4, 2006
      Hi Sharani,
      Thanks for the lovely website reference for Coretta Scott King
      tributes. I recall a "Flower-Flames" book cover with a photo of Sri
      Chinmoy meeting her many years ago. When I saw her recent photo, I
      thought of greatness and goodness, which Sri Chinmoy has mentioned in
      his writings. She was both great and good. I watched her funeral
      procession in the news today. She was in a horse-drawn carriage going
      through the streets of Atlanta to lie in state at the capital
      building there until 8 p.m. Her relatives were grieving and yet they
      were quite peaceful, as though her great and good soul comforted them
      powerfully for their loss. Her goodness will continue on earth
      through her works.

      > America lost a great leader when Coretta Scott King passed away on
      Jan
      > 30th. When her husband, Martin Luther King was assasinated in 1968,
      > she took up the mantle of his cause and continued to work for a
      better
      > world for all people regardless of race, gender or class. If you are
      > interested in learning a little bit more about her, you can read a
      > short biography and a collection of quotes in tribute to her at the
      > website Soulful Tributes. On the tributes page, I have included some
      > remembrances of her by friends and admirers on the occasion of her
      death:

      http://www.soulfultributes.org/special_notables/coretta_scott_king/ind
      ex_html

      > The website as a whole is slightly under contruction so please view
      it
      > with gentle eyes.
      >
      > Sharani

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic