16599Re: Coretta Scott King

  • vasanti_hd
    Feb 3, 2006
      Hi Sharani,

      I am glad someone mentioned Coretta Scott King's passing on this
      website and I am grateful for your link to the tributes about her.
      Her and her husband's ideals and their strength and
      determination in serving these goals non-violently to me are very
      close to Sri Chinmoy's vision of world brotherhood and his tireless
      selfgiving service.
      (Even though the website is under construction it is definitely worth
      visiting:

      http://www.soulfultributes.org/special_notables/coretta_scott_king/)

      Only a few days earlier I had stumbled upon the speeches by Dr.
      Martin Luther King, his famous "I have a dream", his speech on
      receiving the Nobel Prize etc. and thought of mentioning this link
      here:

      http://www.writespirit.net/inspirational_talks/political/martin_luther_king_talks/

      I remember how deeply inspired I was as a young school girl by his
      fight for freedom and equality for the black and coloured Americans
      and how I choose him as the subject of one of my presentations at
      school. What is so fascinating about reading his speeches again is to
      realise how strongly he tried to reawaken the lofty ideals of the
      Declaration of Independence and the founding fathers of the United
      States. And to feel the vision of the World Harmony Run resonating in
      his words, when he says:

      "I have a dream that one day ... little black boys and black girls
      will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls and
      walk together as sisters and brothers."

      > America lost a great leader when Coretta Scott King passed away on
      Jan
      > 30th. When her husband, Martin Luther King was assasinated in 1968,
      > she took up the mantle of his cause and continued to work for a
      better
      > world for all people regardless of race, gender or class. If you are
      > interested in learning a little bit more about her, you can read a
      > short biography and a collection of quotes in tribute to her at the
      > website Soulful Tributes. On the tributes page, I have included some
      > remembrances of her by friends and admirers on the occasion of her
      death:

      http://www.soulfultributes.org/special_notables/coretta_scott_king/ind
      ex_html

      > The website as a whole is slightly under contruction so please view
      it
      > with gentle eyes.
      >
      > Sharani

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic