16585Re: Coretta Scott King - First Lady of American Civil Rights

  • doriscott20002000
    Feb 2, 2006
      Thank you, Sharani. I liked the song Michael Bolton has composed in
      tribute to her, including the words spoken by Martin Luther King,
      Jr. and Coretta Scott King.

      Listen to: http://office.boltonmusic.com/courage.asp

      > America lost a great leader when Coretta Scott King passed away on
      Jan
      > 30th. When her husband, Martin Luther King was assasinated in 1968,
      > she took up the mantle of his cause and continued to work for a
      better
      > world for all people regardless of race, gender or class. If you
      are
      > interested in learning a little bit more about her, you can read a
      > short biography and a collection of quotes in tribute to her at the
      > website Soulful Tributes. On the tributes page, I have included
      some
      > remembrances of her by friends and admirers on the occasion of her
      death:

      http://www.soulfultributes.org/special_notables/coretta_scott_king/in
      dex_html

      > The website as a whole is slightly under contruction so please
      view it
      > with gentle eyes.
      >
      > Sharani

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic