16202Re: Oneness

  • dharmaja
    Dec 27, 2005
      Greetings, Bernice and Everyone,

      Often I am the joker, but today I have something serious....one
      official post, and one unofficial.

      This is from one of Sri Chinmoy's stories about the spiritual master

      Four Most Important Things In Life

      One day Balananda said to his disciples, "I know all of you want to
      become my good disciples, but it is quite a difficult task.

      Each of you needs to develop four most important things in your life.

      You need to develop the capacity to tolerate the world and to tolerate
      your own life.

      You need to develop the capacity to sacrifice everything that you have
      and everything that you are.

      You need to cultivate the capacity to remain silent even when you are
      mistreated mercilessly, without rhyme or reason, by a hostile world.

      You need to develop the capacity to remain calm, quiet and tranquil
      without being completely shattered when you lose in the battlefield of
      life or extolling yourself to the skies when you succeed in the
      battlefield of life."

      The disciples said to him, "Master, is it at all possible to do all
      this in one incarnation?"

      Balananda said, "Why not, Why not? I, too, was once upon a time a
      disciple in this incarnation. In this incarnation I realised God. You
      also can realise God, provided you always do the right thing at the
      right time, with the help of the right Master."

      This is a small excerpt from a serious talk that Sri Chinmoy gave on
      the 19th of May 1978, entitled, "Take Care, Be Careful."

      "There are four billion people on earth. Out of four billion people,
      perhaps only four will derive benefit from what I am saying. If four
      will derive benefit, then you yourself can be among those four."

      San Diego

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, bernice131313
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic