16062Re: Photogenicity (was Centimeters and Inches)

  • niriha7
    Dec 3, 2005
      Hi Dharmaja,

      Regarding this sentence you wrote:

      "Let's face it, some people just aren't photogenic."

      I was wondering about the fishing expedition - is it a deep sea
      expedition or will it be fly fishing? :-)

      I simply cannot imagine why the manager of a food co-op would not want
      a T-shirt with a skeleton on it especially since so many Americans are
      overweight!

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, dharmaja
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > Let's face it, some people just aren't photogenic.
      >
      > In other news, when we had Sri Chinmoy's Harmony Concert in San Diego,
      > the general manager of the local food co-op extended very gracious
      > hospitality to us, and she allowed us to hang out for HOURS and HOURS
      > in front of the store, giving out the information to promote the
      event.

      > As a gesture of thanks, I created a (groovy?) design, which I had made
      > into a t-shirt, which I subsequently gave to her. As it turns out,
      > the design was a bit far-out for her tastes, but her brother-in-law
      > totally loved it.
      >
      > Here's the link:
      >
      > http://www.geocities.com/dharmaja/inspiration37.html
      >
      > (and, if you scroll down the page a bit, you might see some other
      > marginally tolerable photos).
      >
      > -- D.
      > _____________________________
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, niriha7
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Should anyone wish to see just who this brainy person is, please go to
      > > Tsvetan's photo album of San Diego. Dharmaja is the fourth photo in a
      > > photo with Sri Chinmoy taking a picture with a camera.
      > >
      > > http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/members/tsvetan_tsekov/SD/
      > >
      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, dharmaja
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Greetings, Purnakama,
      > > >
      > > > I am so grateful that I now enjoy international notoriety (oops, I
      > > > mean, acclaim) in the field of calculations and conversions.
      > > >
      > > > If you want to convert centimeters to inches, divide by 2.54.
      > > >
      > > > So, if you had 30 centimeters of snow, you divide by 2.54, and
      you get
      > > > 11.811023 inches.
      > > >
      > > > Alternately, if you want to convert the other way around, just plant
      > > > in your memory bank that 1 centimeter = 0.393700787 inches (oh, you
      > > > desperately needed to know that, I'm sure!)
      > > >
      > > > Dharmaja
      > > > _________________
      > > >

      > > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, purnakama2000

      > I had