14745Re: a marathon not run alone(plus more training inspiration)

  • arpan_deangelo
    Sep 4 7:14 AM
      You can definitely get closwe to or break 3hours.
      Please check out my reply to message 14728 where I reply to Tejal. It
      should be posted on the same day as this one.

      If we can inspire each other to transcend our marathon times I am sure
      that there will be many people next year doing PB's and making
      progress in other fields of endeavor as well. There is a reason we are
      encouraged by our Teacher to try to transcend ourselves in the
      marathon world for us runners who can do so. It is obviously not for
      money, name or fame, or pride of any sort. It is a thrilling way to
      make fast and healthy progress to a goal which is all the time trying
      to pull us and help us at the same time.

      If we do not move our bodies and train regularly, we cannot get the
      momentum in our outer or inner life to progress rapidly. Just like in
      a marathon, I find the faster I run it the more enjoyable and easier
      it is. But we cannot fool our bodies. We have to put in the time and
      effort in proper fashion to get the results we are aiming at. Little
      by little, step by step, day by day those results are happening with
      proper training and aspiration.

      Start by visualiziing your goal, say 2:55, and keep it in your mind
      all the time while training. The goal will be there inwardly even
      though outwardly it will take lots of effort and time to mannifest.
      Slowly you will see yourself getting closer over a year or two and
      with patience and perseversance along with the aspiration to want to
      reach the goal, you will definitely reach it no matter what. Once you
      reach it, you will have a new standard and level of fitness and
      aspiration which will inspire and pull others along.

      Even if we cannot always maintain that outer level of fitness, it will
      always be there inwardly and will manifest in other ways as well in
      our life. So keep training and I can give you key advice to easily and
      enjoyably get that marathon time down and down. Se if you can get me
      on internal mail though. Tell your aspiring marathon friends,
      especially the young and upcoming runners.
      We need more good marathoners in this generation as my generation is
      slowing down outwardly but hopefully not inwardly.

      Slower but happier,
      Arpan

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, hubertfromsalzburg
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
      > > steps to stay in shape, especially for matathons. I myself had a
      > > pretty good marathon after a year of not such fast racing and now I am
      > > inspired to try to get close to or even break 3 hours again (at my
      > > age, which is more than twice the marathon distance if you know what I
      > > mean)
      > >
      > > If I can do that, or even get close, I feel that many younger runners
      > > can and should try to go at least under 3:30 for the marathon. It is
      > > not that difficult unless we let our minds surrender to fear and
      > > laziness. It is a thrilling experience which is worth all the effort
      > > bgoth on a physical health level, mental health level and spiritual
      > > level as well.
      > >
      > > Try it! Go for it!! Anyone who is even thinking about a faster
      > > marathon, talk to me or email me. I feel like there were far too many
      > > much younger runners behind me in the marathon. I need more
      > > competition. Let's go, now's the time.!!
      > >
      > > Don't wait until next year. Stay in shape and keep racing shorter,
      > > easier races. Lots more advice for anyone who wants it. Soon I will
      > > have a website up called arpan.com with lots more inspiration for
      > runners.
      > > Contact me in the meantime.
      > > Gratefully training,
      > > Arpan
      > >

      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jwalanta_de
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > > For the first time ever in my life I was able to train seriously
      for a
      > > > marathon. In autumn 2004 I was sick of barly finishing marathons,
      > > > dying somewhere between Mile 15 and 20. The self transcendence
      > > > Marathon 2005 should be different. No dying and if possible break my
      > > > 15 year old PB.
      > > >
      > > > Before I say anything about me and my marathon performance I'd
      like to
      > > > thank my trainer Uwe from Heidelberg, Germany. He spend hours
      with me
      > > > on the phone listening to my problems with running schedules and
      > > > workout sessions. His support was of tremendous help. Without him I
      > > > would not be able to achieve any of the above mentioned goals.
      > > >
      > > > Second I'd like to thank Sri Chinmoy, for it is because of him
      that I
      > > > find inner support and rest in our Lord Supreme. Without God I would
      > > > not run a marathon at all and it is because of him that I can
      finish a
      > > > marathon. In surrendering my entire being to God I find strength.
      > > > Strength strongly needed to cover such a long distance.
      > > >
      > > > Third I'd like to thank Ambarish from Dublin, Ireland for
      running with
      > > > me for almost the whole distance and making the run so entertaining.
      > > > Last but not least a big THANK YOU to all the supporters and friends
      > > > on the course that cheered us up.
      > > >
      > > > Because of all this I feld like not running alone. They all ran with
      > > > me and made it possible to run my fastest marathon. Even though
      I had
      > > > a strong energy loss in lap 6 and wanted to stop after lap 7 my
      final
      > > > time was 3:42:09 hours. This is 13 minutes off my old PB from 15
      years
      > > > ago and 33 minutes better than last years performance.
      > > >
      > > > Straight after the race I did not feel any joy. It seemed that
      my body
      > > > was too busy to recover from dehydration and exhaustion. Happiness
      > > > came after about 45 minutes after I crossed the finish line. A
      wave of
      > > > gratitude flooded my being. Thank you for that experience.
      > > >
      > > > Once again: Thank you everybody out there for your support.
      > > >
      > > > Jwalanta
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic