14729Re: a marathon not run alone

  • tejal_light01
    Sep 2 12:49 PM
      Hi Jwalanta

      Congratulations for your marathon!
      I tried my best also to break PB but some stomach problems took my
      precious minutes. Anyway I will remember this marathon since I had
      many uplifting experiences listening the Sri Chinmoy's music in the
      very soulful arrangement of the two Russian girls Kushali and Rajeshri
      called Silence and Sound.
      As Arpan has said I also love the running since it gave me and it
      still gives me some of my highest spiritual experiences.

      In Self-transcendence oneness
      Tejal

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jwalanta_de
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > For the first time ever in my life I was able to train seriously for a
      > marathon. In autumn 2004 I was sick of barly finishing marathons,
      > dying somewhere between Mile 15 and 20. The self transcendence
      > Marathon 2005 should be different. No dying and if possible break my
      > 15 year old PB.
      >
      > Before I say anything about me and my marathon performance I'd like to
      > thank my trainer Uwe from Heidelberg, Germany. He spend hours with me
      > on the phone listening to my problems with running schedules and
      > workout sessions. His support was of tremendous help. Without him I
      > would not be able to achieve any of the above mentioned goals.
      >
      > Second I'd like to thank Sri Chinmoy, for it is because of him that I
      > find inner support and rest in our Lord Supreme. Without God I would
      > not run a marathon at all and it is because of him that I can finish a
      > marathon. In surrendering my entire being to God I find strength.
      > Strength strongly needed to cover such a long distance.
      >
      > Third I'd like to thank Ambarish from Dublin, Ireland for running with
      > me for almost the whole distance and making the run so entertaining.
      > Last but not least a big THANK YOU to all the supporters and friends
      > on the course that cheered us up.
      >
      > Because of all this I feld like not running alone. They all ran with
      > me and made it possible to run my fastest marathon. Even though I had
      > a strong energy loss in lap 6 and wanted to stop after lap 7 my final
      > time was 3:42:09 hours. This is 13 minutes off my old PB from 15 years
      > ago and 33 minutes better than last years performance.
      >
      > Straight after the race I did not feel any joy. It seemed that my body
      > was too busy to recover from dehydration and exhaustion. Happiness
      > came after about 45 minutes after I crossed the finish line. A wave of
      > gratitude flooded my being. Thank you for that experience.
      >
      > Once again: Thank you everybody out there for your support.
      >
      > Jwalanta
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic