14714Re: a marathon not run alone(plus more training inspiration)

  • arpan_deangelo
    Sep 1, 2005
      Congratulations, Jwalanta and all the marathoners!!!!!!!!!!
      That was a heroic effort and a good time.

      If you want to keep pursuing your training or transcending your
      achievements in the running world I can help you to some extent.
      Even though we do not always identify ourselves with running or fast
      racing, the discipline itself goes beyond the running identity into
      spiritual realms as you now know. I have struggled with this for 33
      years since I started running in 1972, but I am still going and so is
      my spiritual life.

      My 'Seven Steps to a Successful Marathon' is a start, but I would love
      to offer more personal advice to anyone who is inspired to take the
      steps to stay in shape, especially for matathons. I myself had a
      pretty good marathon after a year of not such fast racing and now I am
      inspired to try to get close to or even break 3 hours again (at my
      age, which is more than twice the marathon distance if you know what I
      mean)

      If I can do that, or even get close, I feel that many younger runners
      can and should try to go at least under 3:30 for the marathon. It is
      not that difficult unless we let our minds surrender to fear and
      laziness. It is a thrilling experience which is worth all the effort
      bgoth on a physical health level, mental health level and spiritual
      level as well.

      Try it! Go for it!! Anyone who is even thinking about a faster
      marathon, talk to me or email me. I feel like there were far too many
      much younger runners behind me in the marathon. I need more
      competition. Let's go, now's the time.!!

      Don't wait until next year. Stay in shape and keep racing shorter,
      easier races. Lots more advice for anyone who wants it. Soon I will
      have a website up called arpan.com with lots more inspiration for runners.
      Contact me in the meantime.
      Gratefully training,
      Arpan

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jwalanta_de
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > For the first time ever in my life I was able to train seriously for a
      > marathon. In autumn 2004 I was sick of barly finishing marathons,
      > dying somewhere between Mile 15 and 20. The self transcendence
      > Marathon 2005 should be different. No dying and if possible break my
      > 15 year old PB.
      >
      > Before I say anything about me and my marathon performance I'd like to
      > thank my trainer Uwe from Heidelberg, Germany. He spend hours with me
      > on the phone listening to my problems with running schedules and
      > workout sessions. His support was of tremendous help. Without him I
      > would not be able to achieve any of the above mentioned goals.
      >
      > Second I'd like to thank Sri Chinmoy, for it is because of him that I
      > find inner support and rest in our Lord Supreme. Without God I would
      > not run a marathon at all and it is because of him that I can finish a
      > marathon. In surrendering my entire being to God I find strength.
      > Strength strongly needed to cover such a long distance.
      >
      > Third I'd like to thank Ambarish from Dublin, Ireland for running with
      > me for almost the whole distance and making the run so entertaining.
      > Last but not least a big THANK YOU to all the supporters and friends
      > on the course that cheered us up.
      >
      > Because of all this I feld like not running alone. They all ran with
      > me and made it possible to run my fastest marathon. Even though I had
      > a strong energy loss in lap 6 and wanted to stop after lap 7 my final
      > time was 3:42:09 hours. This is 13 minutes off my old PB from 15 years
      > ago and 33 minutes better than last years performance.
      >
      > Straight after the race I did not feel any joy. It seemed that my body
      > was too busy to recover from dehydration and exhaustion. Happiness
      > came after about 45 minutes after I crossed the finish line. A wave of
      > gratitude flooded my being. Thank you for that experience.
      >
      > Once again: Thank you everybody out there for your support.
      >
      > Jwalanta
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic