14389Re: help

  • beverly_canada
    Aug 1, 2005
      Dear Anubha

      The line

      "To have an Avatar as one's Guru is to have the greatest
      blessing that man can ever have."

      appears in "The Summits Of God-Life: Samadhi And Siddhi" by
      Sri Chinmoy.

      The text in its entirety can be found at can be found

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/summits-god-life/84.html

      (One who wonders if she can ever be grateful enough) Beverly
      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, anubha2708
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Once when attending a class given by someone in the Centre
      (I wish I
      > could remember who that person was!) I remember hearing
      something
      > that, years later, has remained with very powerfully.
      >
      > They were commenting on a eastern belief that went
      something like
      > this:
      > "The greatest Blessing is to have a human incarnation so we
      can make
      > progress on earth,
      > An even greater Blessing is to lead a spiritual life in this life,
      > And the greatest of all possible Blessings is to have an Avatar
      > guide and carry you along the Way."
      >
      > Now, for years I have remembered this and a few weeks ago
      flicking
      > through a book (that I dont even remember if it was Guru's) I
      saw the
      > actual precise wording of this prayer or prose (whatever it
      should be
      > called). Unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention to my great
      > discovery at the time.
      >
      > Is there anybody out there in any corner of the cosmos that
      might
      > know either - where I saw this or where I might be able to find it
      > perhaps somewhere else?
      >
      > Love and gratitude
      > Anubha, Australia :-)
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic