13794Re: Where are all the NZ Girls?

  • stacey_nz1
    Jul 3, 2005
      Dear Durba

      As has been said many times, Australia and New Zealand are one; your
      kind words about us Kiwis are also very true in all of our Aussie sisters.

      I remember a few years ago when I went to a Joy Weekend hosted by the
      Brisbane Centre. This was my first BIG Joy Weekend, I felt so
      welcomed from the minute I step into the Brisbane Centre until the
      moment I boarded the plane back to NZ. Feeling nothing but tremendous
      joy and delight from a most charming weekend, my only disappoint was I
      was going to have to wait two years until the next one! Our hosts
      humbly worked tirelessly to ensure everything was just so. Whenever I
      see any of our Aussie sisters now I get such inspiration and feel such
      oneness. It gives me such joy to spend time with them in New York
      and on these joy weekends.

      I am one of the three lucky girls travelling to Aussie and have strict
      instructions to take millions of photos and remember every single
      detail. As I will be bombarded with calls from everyone who could not
      make it, wanting a blow by blow account of what will sure be a most
      wonderful weekend.

      See you in a few days!

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, durba_l
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I can't help but to put in a word or two for my esteemed Kiwi
      > sisters. I have had many many opportunities to work with and get to
      > know many of the Kiwi sisters very well. I think that it one of the
      > most rewarding aspect of the path is that one is given tremendous
      > opportunity to work with people you would otherwise never do. And
      > through these association many good friendships are formed and one
      > truly learn to appreciate the quality of different nations.
      > I must say and I am sure many will agreed, that our Kiwi sisters self-
      > giving and devotion is most enviable, nay unparallel. They are the
      > ones who managed to make the pilgrimage to New York three times a
      > year and even sponsoring less fortunate disciples to go to as well.
      > Look at their 21 achievements last April - is nothing short of pure
      > inspiration and aspiration.
      > If they are not coming it is probably because they are preparing some
      > BIG projects for the coming August celebration.
      > Dare I venture at this point to suggest to ourselves for a little
      > self-introspection as the host nation :-)
      > Great great admirer and lover of our Kiwi sisters
      > Durba

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogro
      ups.com, karina_ward1
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > At out weekly meeting last night we were discussing the
      > Australia/NZ
      > > Joy weekend in Sunny Geelong next weekend. I was happily listening
      > > Sushmitams report about the wonderful things we would be doing when
      > as
      > > an after thought it was mentioned that only 3 NZ girls were
      > actually
      > > coming. I originally thought that I had misheard and that 30 girls
      > > would surely be coming, but no, it was only 3. I am sure that you
      > are
      > > all busy buying your tickets at this very moment or at least I hope
      > you
      > > are. The best Joy weekend I ever went on was the one in Auckland
      > in
      > > 2002. I have so many great memories of meditating in that
      > wonderful
      > > centre and eating in that wonderful cafe. You were all so self
      > > giving. I had only been around for a little over a year and It was
      > > very inspiring to see so many aspiring people. I could not believe
      > it
      > > when you gave us those T-Shirts as gifts, they even had our names
      > on
      > > them. I wear mine all the time.
      > >
      > > See you next weekend.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic