13787Re: To Palyati - Wild in Wildlife (in pictures)

  • morrisklein27
    Jul 3, 2005
      Hi Sharani,

      I'd like to start a flower garden of my own. I have a big back yard
      with lots of rocks and weeds, so I guess I have a challenge in front
      of me.

      I would love to plant giant venus fly traps. And I mean giant. You
      know, the kind to make the mailperson think twice before delivering
      to your door. Any idea as to where I can get some seed?

      Just kidding (I think). But I am seriously interested in starting my
      own garden. Any suggestions on getting started?

      Thanks.

      Yours,

      Morris

      > No, I didn't miss your story about the swan and the moose.
      > I'm remembering it now. I'm not so sure how well I've
      > internalized the wild in wildlife lesson even though my story
      > seems to display it. Oh well, I will at least be very careful
      > about naively feeding the "birds" and imagine your point
      > about the bread is well taken.
      >
      > If one wants to see pictures of my duck, egret, and maiden
      > swan feeding adventure, there are now some pictures in the
      > "Swans" sub-album in my gallery album. As the flowers in my
      > yard bloom, I've been adding to that flowers sub-album as
      > well --lavender, black-eyed susans, daylilies, roses. Stay
      > tuned for moonflowers which bloom at night and are incredibly
      > fragrant! They're another perennial in my yard that are on
      > their way but no buds yet.
      >
      > If you can get the link to load (be prepared for slower than
      > molasses), they are available at http://tinyurl.com/d4pak
      >
      > Waiting for more Alaska stories :-) Sharani
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, palyati
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > You now understand the wild in wildlife. Swans, as you now
      realize,
      > > are very aggressive, especially when guarding their brood.
      Another
> [...]
      > > >
      > > > As it was now rather hot and a long time since breakfast, I
      > parked
      > > the
      > > > car and brought my camera and a Luna bar (energy bar) to stave
      > off
      > > my
      > > > hunger. The adult male seemed to have "food" radar and came
      > quickly
      > > > over to me. Thinking of the book I'd been reading, I shared my
      > Luna
      > > > bar with the swan. Maybe needless to say to those more
      experienced
      > > > than me, this brought him out of the water and practically
      > knocking
      > > me
      > > > over. He seemed to adore this sweet food. But how could I get
      the
      > > > mother swan and the cygnets to come over? They were at a good
      > > distance
      > > > and seemed oblivious to my adventure with their Dad. And a Luna
      > bar
      > > > isn't very much food. Remembering Pavitrata's words of advice
      some
      > > > time back "bring bread," I decided to leave, buy bread and come
      > > back.
      > > >
      > > > When I got back, I felt like I was trying to juggle several
      > > challenges
      > > > at once. The huge male swan insisted on staying close by and I
      > had
      > > > constantly throw him little pieces of food to keep him from
      > > accosting
      > > > me. Mom and the cygnets came over but stayed more in the water.
      > > > would throw bread and while the Dad was eating it, I would try
      > > > sneak in a few photos. It was hard work and not so charming. If
      > > > threw the bread a further distance to keep the swan from being
      on
      > > top
      > > > of me, he wouldn't see it. So I would try to slowly throw it
      > farther
      > > > and farther away. The photos were pretty haphazard. Throw
      several
      > > > fairly large turtles with red and yellow markings into the
      > recipe,
      > > and
      > > > I felt I had a taste of the "wild" in "wildlife" that day.
      > > Amazingly,
      > > > even before I realized that the bread was nearly gone, the male
      > swan
      > > > seemed to already know it. He headed towards the water at last
      and
      > > > right after that I felt in the paper bag that the food was
      gone.
      > > Maybe
      > > > this is like some kind of sixth sense in the food world!
      > > >
      > > > Once I finish getting my new :-) computer set up, I'll add
      photos
      > of
      > > > this adventure to my gallery album. In the meantime, I'm
      thinking,
      > > > "Pavitrata you should have warned me!! :-)"

      Denali.
      > > > She
      > > > try
      > was