13686To Palyati (was Re: Desperately Seeking Energy Food Plan)

  • palyati
    Jun 27, 2005
      Thanks, Sharani. I have decided to post some of my train experiences.
      It appears there is interest in hearing the stories. Mother Nature
      has been very good to us in Alaska.

      She can be also be harsh. You mentioned bear killings. An Anchorage
      couple was killed by a predatory brown bear in the Arctic National
      Wildlife Preserve (ANWR)yesterday. They were experienced in camping
      and did everything right to protect themselves, but the bear attacked
      without provocation. They were asleep in their tents. The key phrase
      in wildlife is "wild".

      Palyati

      > Hi Palyati,
      >
      > I do enjoy hearing from you here. I can picture you on the train,
      eyes
      > closed, then open and smiling. What a nice story! I'm grateful for
      the
      > moments you must be squeezing in to keep up with us given your
      current
      > schedule.
      >
      > You have my terrific encouragement for pursuing an Alaska album! I
      > practically stumbled upon my first digital camera and it really
      wasn't
      > expensive for what it can do. If you want it and put the intention
      out
      > to the universe, I'm sure it will unfold perfectly.
      >
      > Since I know all the class givers that came up to Alaska, it really
      > lends a "family" aura for me of your story of coming to this path.
      Now
      > I am remembering having occasion to talk about Alaska with Jamini in
      > the context of another project some time back. You would be worth a
      > trip to the North Pole of course!
      >
      > Sharani
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, palyati
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > A close encounter of the deer kind. It's always nice to see
      wildlife.

      > > Speaking of close encounters, a few days ago I became aware that
      the
      > > engineer was blowing the horn repeatedly in an unusual spot. When
      you
      > > hear the horn as much as we do, it almost becomes inaudible. I
      looked
      > > out to see a mama moose and her baby scampering away from the
      tracks.
      > > After I realized they were the reason for the horn, I leaned back
      and
      > > closed my eyes to give gratitude. A guest came up the stairs and
      > > asked, "Are you sleeping?" Her friend actually said "Heavens, no.
      > > She's meditating." All I could do was open my eyes and smile.
      > >
      > > I do take photographs but many encounters are very quick because
      of
      > > the speed of the train. I also need to buy a different camera.
      That's
      > > probably the biggest drawback. Perhaps I should attempt an Alaska
      > > album.
      > >
      > > My story of becoming a disciple is not that exciting or exotic. I
      had
      > > been seeking after reading the classic, "Autobiography of a Yogi"
      and
      > > had been meditating daily for well over a year. At least I
      thought I
      > > was, but wasn't sure as I taught myself. So when I saw a workshop
      for
      > > free meditation classes, I figured I'd find out. Nayak, Jamini,
      > > Jagrata, and Sunamita came up to Anchorage, one every two weeks
      in
      > > the summer of 1990 to give classes. In Nayak's first class, I was
      > > sold and actually called him to find out how I could become a
      > > student. Still can't imagine anyplace else I'd rather be.
      > >
      > > Palyati
      > >

      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sharani_sharani
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > > Palyati,
      > > > I'm so glad you enjoy sharing about Alaska because I find your
      posts
      > > > truly interesting and enjoyable to read. Seeing a one day old
      moose!
      > > > That would be quite a sight. On Sunday I was on an adventure to
      > > find a
      > > > radio station to tune in on my car radio which is playing Sri
      > > > Chinmoy's music for 12 weeks in tribute to his 12,000 songs
      > > > achievement. When I got off the highway because the station was
      > > > finally tuning in, I saw a young deer run across the road and
      then
      > > as
      > > > I drove past it we kind of stared at each other. I was wishing
      I had
      > > > my camera with me but I didn't. Do you like to take
      photographs?

      > > > I'm happy to hear that the dietary advice in the book is
      helping.
      > > Were
      > > > you living in Alaska when you became a student of Sri Chinmoy?
      > > would
      > > > be fascinated to hear your story of how you found him as a
      teacher,
      > > > especially if it was in the context of the Alaskan "Riviera".
      > > >
      > > > Sharani :-)
      > > >
      > > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, palyati

      > > southeast AK
      > > filming