13528Re: Determination

  • beverly_canada
    Jun 20, 2005
      HI Melinda!
      Thank-you for sharing your insights and the poem on
      determination. My son was also off to his school camp
      yesterday morning, in his case, happy with anticipation of
      roasting marshmallows and watching the fire. Fire (without
      marshmallows) and the topic of your message, the role of
      determination in proceeding spiritually, come together in the
      following poem by Sri Chinmoy:

      If you allow your sincerity-game
      To go on and on-
      Again and again confessing,
      And then repeating the same mistakes
      Without any determination-fire
      To burn your insincerity-existence-life-
      Then your progress on your
      God-realisation-journey
      Will be slower than the slowest.

      - Sri Chinmoy

      No. 1151  from "Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants".
      [unofficial]

      For any who may not be aware of it, a talk given by Sri Chinmoy
      on determination may be found at:

      http://www.srichinmoy.tv/srichinmoytv/server.php?q=f&f=
      %2F03_Sri_Chinmoy_Poetry

      Beverly

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com,
      melinda_geelong <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I am reflecting upon the power of determination this morning
      as I
      > realise how susceptible I am to being distracted by the turmoil
      of
      > everyday life. In order to remain focussed I must cultivate
      > determination to be nice to the peolple around me and to
      remember that
      > life is actually very simple when we follow the dictates of our
      heart
      > and not our mind.
      > As I was taking my daughter to school to begin school camp
      this
      > morning I was feeling her apprehension and excitement mixed
      with a
      > little anxiety and I was thinking how incredibly contagious
      these
      > emotions can be. Even my awareness of them didn't protect
      me from them
      > because I am hard wired to have my own set of reactions to
      these
      > things myself. What, I was thinking, is the answer?
      > Meditate.
      > I very much enjoyed transforming all these worries through a
      quiet
      > moment in the sun resting against the fence and waiting for
      the bus to
      > depart. Then the answer came loud and clear.
      > DETERMINATION!!
      > Be determined to transform your nature
      > Be determined to try harder to remain in a higher
      consciousness
      > Be determined to prevent the trivia of the outside world from
      > distracting you from doing your best.
      > Be determined to win in the battlefield of life
      > Be determined to please your Lord Beloved Supreme in his
      own way.
      > Be determined to claim Him as your own.
      >
      > Feel the power of determination.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic