13387To Palyati (was Re: Desperately Seeking Energy Food Plan)

  • palyati
    Jun 12, 2005
      Hi Sharani,

      I am familiar with Heather Lende as she's written columns for our
      local newspaper. My son has worked in Haines which is in southeast AK
      and he loves it there. I'm not sure if the New York Times ever
      visited, but it is one of our bush towns. "Northern Exposure" was
      actually modeled after Talkeetn where the first few episodes were
      filmed. Alas, the actors did not like the isolation so the filming
      was moved to Roslyn, Washington. Talkeetna is one of the stops on my
      train run between Anchorage and Fairbanks. I also work between
      Whittier, a port in Prince William Sound, and Denali National Park on
      the days when ships arrive and depart. A few days ago the engineer
      stopped so we could enjoy a mama moose and her two newborns. They
      were gangly and had a hard time walking and still ruddy colored
      meaning they were only a day or two old and . The passengers really
      enjoyed seeing that! So did I!

      A woman was recently attacked by a brown bear in Denali. She and her
      husband got lost in a thicket and climbed onto a rock to try to find
      the trail. Unfortunately it was the bear's rock. She was injured, but
      not killed. We usually hear about a bear killing human. It does
      happen a couple of times a year.

      The book has helped a lot! Wow. I've changed my vitamin routine, got
      some dark green powder and protein powder for smoothies, added a
      small amount of DHEA and make sure I have EmergenC and those Pria
      drinks on board with me. My insides have stopped vibrating from
      exhaustion.

      Unfortunately my schedule was changed due to a tunnel collapse. I was
      hoping for three days off, but only got two. Ugh.
      In another week, I should get three days when I can really
      regenerate.

      Thanks for asking! I love sharing Alaska.

      Palyati

      > Hi Palyati,
      > Your job sounds awesome, even if so tiring as you mention. I sure
      hope
      > you're still finding the book's food advice helpful. Where does the
      > glass railcar travel exactly? I have Alaska on the brain because I
      saw
      > in the paper today that a bear killed a woman in Alaska. Now that's
      > sad news we know will travel all over the lower 48! Also, I'm
      adding a
      > book to our library collection today called "If you lived here, I'd
      > know your name : news from small-town Alaska." The author Heather
      > Lende is a NPR commentator among other things. She lives in Haines,
      > town that the New York Times called "the real Northern Exposure."
      Are
      > you familiar with her? The book looks great.
      >
      > Sharani
      >
      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, palyati
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > Sri Chinmoy says
      > > "To serve
      > > And never be tired
      > > Is love."
      > >
      > > Just picked up "Tired of Being Tired" by Jesse Hanley and Nancy
      > > Deville. It seems to have the information I am looking for. Thank
      > > You.
      > >
      > > Believe it or not, I tried the non-fruit Pop Tarts, which are too
      > > sicky sweet, and got more enduring energy from them than from any
      > > other food bars like Power Bar, Balance Bar, Cliff, etc. etc.
      I've
      > > also tried cans of the equivalent of Ensure with success. The
      drink
      > > tastes terrible, but it goes down quickly. I'm a little tired
      > today,
      > > my day off, but not exhausted and I had plenty of energy to get
      > > through the last couple of days of work while looking forward to
      > > getting back to it tomorrow.
      > >
      > > Why do I like my job so much to endure the long days? My workplace
      > is
      > > a glass enclosed railcar filled with views of Mt. McKinley,
      > glaciers,
      > > mountains, rivers, bears, moose, sheep, caribou, eagles, salmon
      and
      > > wonderful people from all over the world, sometimes all on the
      same
      > > day! I'll find a solution for the exhaustion. Wouldn't you?
      > >
      > > Palyati, working hard on the love thing.
      > >

      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, bithika777
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > > Just to confirm to all - Sarada is correct with the names of
      the
      > > > authors ... probably because she originally lent me the book!
      > > > Thanks Sarada!
      > > >

      > > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarada1007
      > the
      > are