11908Re: april celebrations

  • suchana27
    Apr 17, 2005
      Dear Piyasi,

      Thousand thanks for your function report. It is unforgettable! :)

      Something really great happened in the inner world for Guru´s music
      came to us so spontaneously and eagerly yesterday and today!

      Suchana

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, piyasi29
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > I just returned from the April Celebrations with Sri Chinmoy, which
      > this year mark the 41st Anniversary of his coming to the West in
      > April 1964 to offer his spiritual message to the world.
      >
      > For me, this was defenitely one of the best, if not the best
      > experience of April Celebrations. There were many stunning
      > highlights, but I would just like to share the opening of the World
      > Harmony Run yesterday.
      >
      > At our Friday evening function, I felt we were witnessing a real
      > miracle. Sri Chinmoy spontaneously composed a new, seemingly
      simple,
      > 2-line song for the World harmony Run ceremony and had one
      student
      > repeat it. Then a group of additional singers joined in, followed
      by
      > a larger crowd of singers, of various standards. They just kept
      > repeating the song over and over, but as each minute passed, the
      song
      > was growing and growing, glowing and glowing. Sri Chinmoy then
      > suggested adding instruments and one by one, people were seen
      rushing
      > away only to return with all kinds of instruments, big and small,
      > delicate and powerful, to manifest the inner beauty of the new
      > creation. Before long, the song had taken on a life of its own,
      > bursting with new life energy, vibrancy, enthusiasm, and power. and
      > the entire assembly at the function was captivated. All kinds of
      > drums, tablas, synthesizers, sitars, violins, cellos, guitars,
      > flutes, shakers, not to mention clapping and whistling instruments!
      >
      > The song was amazing enough that evening, but when the group
      > performed the song at the opening ceremony of the Run today, you
      felt
      > it vibrating every fibre in your body. Everyone, including the
      United
      > Nations diplomats present, were clearly very moved by the
      experience.

      > Run, run, run, run, run, run,
      > World Harmony Run!
      > We are the oneness and fulness
      > Of tomorrow's sun!
      >
      > I have to also mention the kind presence and contribution of
      Addwitya
      > Roberta Flack, who sang the song 'Imagine' at the ceremony. I have
      > heard it sung so many times by so many people over the years, but
      no
      > rendition could come near that of our dearest Addwitya. She sang
      with
      > so much sincerity from the very depths of her heart to our heats
      and
      > many in the audience, including myself, were moved to tears.
      >
      > And through all this, although enjoying the whole scene, you could
      > see Sri Chinmoy, smiling ever so sweetly, in perfect poise.
      >
      > Piyasi
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic