11773Thank you, dearest AM!

  • priyadarshan44
    Apr 2, 2005
      I do not think I will ever be able to find words to express
      the feeling of awe and gratitude inspired by the AM's
      unreserved service to all of us. I know, though, that thanks
      to him I came to know so much more about gratitude per se.

      I am also very grateful to the new moderators. I do not envy
      our brothers and sisters that will have to walk in the
      luminous example of our beloved AM.

      Thank you, dearest AM!

      Priyadarshan

      <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      > >

      > > Dear Sumangali and AM,
      > >
      > > No suitable expression of thanks to the pair of you for what you
      > have
      > > done here had found its way to me yet, I'm relying it to pop out
      > > naturally of its own accord in the middle of the post
      somewhere....

      > > It is a little unfortunate that the pair of you went at the same
      > time,
      > > but nobody plans these things. I think this group of posters is a
      > > transitory one by nature - if one clicks on messages twelve months
      > > later one finds completely different faces posting than those
      > posting
      > > now. Maybe that's as it should be, that this group is a forum for
      > > people to find their wings of expression before moving on to
      greener
      > > pastures, or even to get out a few things they really badly needed
      > > say before diving deep within again. (Sumangali, I do hope those
      > > greener pastures will include a wider audience for your work and
      way
      > > of expressing things.)
      > >
      > > The temptation is to imagine that with the loss of such an amazing
      > > moderator and one of our best posters, all is in danger of going
      > > pear-shaped...I have reason to think otherwise. Let me try to
      > explain
      > > why.
      > >
      > > First of all, some might take the fact that there's only a dozen
      or
      > so
      > > regular contributors as a sign of a group's fragility; I
      wouldn't. I
      > > had occasion to talk to another frequent poster to this group a
      few
      > > months ago, and she reckoned everyone in the group had their own
      > > niches that they occupied. Hence my interpretation would be that
      if
      > > newcomer to the group had a very similar style to a long-time
      > poster,
      > > he/she might say "Oh, he/she's doing that kind to thing already,
      and
      > > doing it much better." I wouldn't even try to put names on these
      > > niches, I only have a kind of subtle feeling about them, but I do
      > know
      > > the room begins to get crowded after a dozen or so, and it becomes
      > > hard to find a new niche from which to express yourself
      comfortably.
      > > Of course, a group like this should aspire to facilitate different
      > > people writing from the same niche in a spirit of
      > non-competitiveness,
      > > but our imperfect human nature being what it is... I can
      definitely
      > > think of a few people who have struggled to find their voice here
      > > despite their best of intentions.
      > >
      > > I'm not saying that now Sumangali's wandered off for a little bit
      > > there's going to be a horde of previously repressed would-be
      > > Sumangalis scrapping it out for the title of 'Handmaiden to
      Nature's
      > > Beauty'...I think I'm saying rather that with a change of AM,
      these
      > > niches might get juggled around a bit, and new people might find a
      > > comfortable arena in which to express themselves (conversely, some
      > old
      > > timers might find it tough going... :) ).
      > >
      > > Anyway this niche thing is only a metaphor, but it encourages me
      > > look at the changes here with optimism, whilst still appreciating
      > the
      > > magnitude of the AM and Sumangali's contribution to the group over
      > the
      > > past year. I'm looking forward to seeing the AM as an occasional
      > > poster - understandably, his writing talents were somewhat
      > constrained
      > > to trying give direction to this group during his tenure as
      > moderator,
      > > so it will be a wonderful thing if he can 'let rip', as they say.

      > > I think also it's worthwhile reminding people that this group has
      an
      > > audience considerably bigger than what most of us imagine it has,
      > and
      > > that the group makes a daily difference to hundreds of people we
      > will
      > > never even meet.
      > >
      > > Shane
      > >

      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com,
      > srichinmoyinspiration
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Thank you all for the opportunity to be of some small service.
      The
      > > > past year has been a fantastic learning experience, one for
      which
      > > > I'm extremely grateful.
      > > >
      > > > Lately I've been feeling selfish for continuing to hold onto the
      > > > reins when there are so many other people with ideas for new
      > > > projects and new directions that the group might take. I've been
      > > > fortunate to be able to bring the group a short distance on its
      > > > journey. Now I feel the time is right to give others a chance to
      > see
      > > > what they can do.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks to all of you who have made my time as assistant
      moderator
      > > > very rewarding experience. It took me a while to let go,
      realizing
      > > > how much I will miss you all! Some of you have moved me far more
      > > > than you can imagine.
      > > >
      > > > The daily experience of signing on has added some spiritual
      > > > discipline to my life which would otherwise be lacking. I hope I
      > can
      > > > find a way to continue that very positive influence - maybe as a
      > > > reader and occasional poster.
      > > >
      > > > As regular readers know, I've tried to make the board
      entertaining
      > > > and fun, with an emphasis on original articles written in a
      > natural,
      > > > jargon-free style. I hope that tradition continues.
      > > >
      > > > I've also been very concerned about the problem of harassment of
      > > > spiritual groups which are harmless, benign, and have no history
      > of
      > > > abuse. This has made me rather cautious, and I'd like to
      apologize
      > > > again to anyone I've offended by my heavy-handed style of
      > > > moderation. My intentions were always good. Now, as others bring
      > new
      > > > dynamism and inspiration to the group, it's up to them to offer
      > new
      > > > guidance. I have every confidence they will do a super job!
      > > >
      > > > Sri Chinmoy Centre has always been a small, sincere spiritual
      > group.
      > > > Much of the general public doesn't know anything about this
      path,
      > > > and as I discussed in message #4413, there are people who
      > > > consciously and intentionally try and misrepresent Sri Chinmoy's
      > > > life and teachings. So one of the things we've been doing here
      > > > online - aside from sharing daily experiences, poetry and humor
      -
      > is
      > > > introducing Sri Chinmoy's path to the general public.
      > > >
      > > > I'm very grateful that people responded to the call to bring out
      > > > their natural sincerity in discussing their own lives. I know
      I'm
> [...]
      or
      > > > the concepts are not what is used by the rest of the world. We
      > > > punctuate our sentences with 'gratitudes' and like to discuss
      > topics
      > > > such as 'eternal nows.' So now we have to train ourselves to
      think
      > > > what is it that interests the reader... [W]e hope that ... we
      may
      > be
      > > > able to have an afternoon to talk about such things with our
      > > > writers. The focus of this workshop would be to help us write
      for
      > > > others -- with the view of getting it published."
      > > >
      > > > I applaud such efforts and feel this is something very, very
      > > > positive.
      > > >
      > > > Anyway, thank you for bearing with me as I share these parting
      > > > thoughts. I look forward to seeing all the progress you are
      > making.
      > > >
      > > > Sometimes when friends part, they say "Until we meet again." I
      > like
      > > > that because it holds out hope that they *will* meet again. If I
      > > > only said "Goodbye," it would hurt too much. So with much love
      in
      > my
      > > > heart, I will say "Until we meet again." I will miss you all
      very,
      > > > very much!
      > > >
      > > > Warmest wishes to all friends and contributors,
      > > >
      > > > Assistant Moderator
      > > >

      > > > [Note: This concludes my duties as A.M. All subsequent postings
      > and
      > > > emails will be read by the next moderator(s).]
      > > >

      > > > Seafarer (for the Bhajan Singers)
      > > >
      > > > I have come to this shoreline
      > > > To think about my life
      > > > Leaving the dust of the city far behind
      > > > And lo! the spiritual mendicants have come!
      > > > In a golden boat, singing songs of Thakur*,
      > > > Making barely a ripple,
      > > > They are spreading all hope and joy.
      > > >
      > > > Now strolling upon the very banks,
      > > > And on the shining green swards
      > > > Among the sleepy townsfolk,
      > > > With hearts singing:
      > > > "Do you want to see the Golden Shores of
      > > > the Beyond?
      > > > The city has played its role;
      > > > There is nothing left for you there.
      > > > Become a seafaring man!
      > > > Sail with us from shore to shore
      > > > Gathering the weary souls who have seen
      > > > everything but Truth.
      > > > Leave behind your father's skeleton
      > > > And the girl with the long black hair
      > > > Who sang a cherry tree carol
      > > > But would never pray,
      > > > Not even by accident."
      > > >
      > > > Now singing "Kanu, Kanu,"
      > > > A song of the child Krishna,
      > > > They enchant everyone with innocent fun.
      > > > The once-distant strains
      > > > Now sound within my very heart,
      > > > And my soul is traveling
      > > > Far, far down the water
      > > > Where all boats and all travelers meet
      > > > In Immortality's effulgence-sun.
      > > >

      > > > *Sri Ramakrishna, the Thakur of Dakineshwar
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic