11749Re: OT - Personal Reflections Part 2

  • arpan_deangelo
    Mar 31, 2005
      Dear (former) A.M.(or should it now be P.M.? ..sorry)

      Thank You for your selflessness, humour, kindness, willingness,
      intelligence, aspiration, sympathy, empathy and courage.

      I could say that I, as well as most readers and contributors here on
      this forum, seem to know you quite well, even though we have never
      properly met you except in the virtual world. Regardless, we have all
      had very deep and meaningful exchanges of the mind, heart and soul
      that will never be forgotten or lost.

      I am sure your journeys will take you very far in your search for the
      Highest and in your yearning for the greater good of humanity. I, as
      well as many others here, cannot thank you enough for the enormous
      task you have taken on in the past two years. You have played your
      part well beyond expectation I am sure, even though you may feel at
      times that much more could have been accomplished.

      Only you can know what is expected of you as you continue your travels
      through this sometimes paradoxical reality. On this section of your
      journey you have offered your heart and soul in trying to share the
      Light that is offered to us all as we seek the Highest Truth, Light or
      God. Through the Inspiration of Sri Chinmoy and those who find in
      themselves the creative urges to express their experiences here as
      well, you have helped us all to develop this forum which will always
      be indebted to you for your contributions.

      As you said, it is not a 'goodbye' really, so for now I am offering
      you a familiar greeting as well,"Happy trails to you, until we meet
      again." I am sure you will still appear from time to time as well.

      Gratefully,
      Arpan

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, srichinmoyinspiration
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > Thank you all for the opportunity to be of some small service. The
      > past year has been a fantastic learning experience, one for which
      > I'm extremely grateful.
      >
      > Lately I've been feeling selfish for continuing to hold onto the
      > reins when there are so many other people with ideas for new
      > projects and new directions that the group might take. I've been
      > fortunate to be able to bring the group a short distance on its
      > journey. Now I feel the time is right to give others a chance to see
      > what they can do.
      >
      > Thanks to all of you who have made my time as assistant moderator a
      > very rewarding experience. It took me a while to let go, realizing
      > how much I will miss you all! Some of you have moved me far more
      > than you can imagine.
      >
      > The daily experience of signing on has added some spiritual
      > discipline to my life which would otherwise be lacking. I hope I can
      > find a way to continue that very positive influence - maybe as a
      > reader and occasional poster.
      >
      > As regular readers know, I've tried to make the board entertaining
      > and fun, with an emphasis on original articles written in a natural,
      > jargon-free style. I hope that tradition continues.
      >
      > I've also been very concerned about the problem of harassment of
      > spiritual groups which are harmless, benign, and have no history of
      > abuse. This has made me rather cautious, and I'd like to apologize
      > again to anyone I've offended by my heavy-handed style of
      > moderation. My intentions were always good. Now, as others bring new
      > dynamism and inspiration to the group, it's up to them to offer new
      > guidance. I have every confidence they will do a super job!
      >
      > Sri Chinmoy Centre has always been a small, sincere spiritual group.
      > Much of the general public doesn't know anything about this path,
      > and as I discussed in message #4413, there are people who
      > consciously and intentionally try and misrepresent Sri Chinmoy's
      > life and teachings. So one of the things we've been doing here
      > online - aside from sharing daily experiences, poetry and humor - is
      > introducing Sri Chinmoy's path to the general public.
      >
      > I'm very grateful that people responded to the call to bring out
      > their natural sincerity in discussing their own lives. I know I'm
      > not the only one concerned with communicating clearly and honestly.
      > One person wrote to me:
      >
      > "I am very, very proud of our disciples and feel very privileged to
      > belong to this community. It would be rare to come across another
      > group of people in this world who are so essentially good and have
      > such a strong spirit. But we are introverted. When we write it is
      > often as if we were writing our personal diaries. The language or
      > the concepts are not what is used by the rest of the world. We
      > punctuate our sentences with 'gratitudes' and like to discuss topics
      > such as 'eternal nows.' So now we have to train ourselves to think
      > what is it that interests the reader... [W]e hope that ... we may be
> [...]
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic