11133Re: OT - Handkerchief dept.

  • bithika777
    Mar 2, 2005
      I would like to recommend Tears of the Camel. This is a Mongolian
      film so rich with docu-style insight into the nomadic Mongolian
      lifestyle of the camel herders. About a camel who has a difficult
      delivery of her calf, and then will not look at it or allow it to
      feed. The tribespeople send to the town for a violinist and they
      change the camel's mind by singing and playing to it. It is
      unbelievable! The camel starts to cry, and in the flow of its
      emotions, they push the baby back towards it to suckle - and all is
      healed. Very vivid, real and touching. At least, very unusual. I
      was fascinated to see the contents of the tents they live in, and
      the family structure, the peaceful simplicity of their lives, their
      love for each other and their religious practices. Heart affirming.

      > If you like this movie, you would definitely also like Children of
      > Heaven, an Iranian film. Have you seen it? It qualifies for the
      > handkerchief dept. It tells a sweet story through the eyes of a
      > brother and sister.
      >
      > Sharani
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, dharmaja
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > >

      > > I have recently rented a DVD "A Little Princess." Big
      handkerchief
      > > required, about a little girl, her father, mom is in Heaven,
      early
      > > 1900s, dad has to go off to fight in World War I, her conquest of
      > > incredibly difficult circumstances, scenes of India, references
      to the
      > > Ramayana, awesome. I recommend it.
      > >
      > > Dharmaja
      > >

      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sharani_sharani
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Thank you for the kind feedback Beverly. Maybe we will have to
      start
      > > > an offshoot of this group with an online shopping mall selling
      > > > handkerchiefs (Doris' poem had me crying a while back) and
      thank-you
      > > > stationery for starters. I enjoy your presence here in this
      group and
      > > > am going out on a complete limb :-) (even walking the plank?)
      here by
      > > > asking you what is your favorite kind of tree and do you like
      trees
      > > > especially? For some reason, when I think of you, trees come
      to mind,
      > > > but I'm not sure which kind. maybe they have been a thread in
      your
      > > > postings/poems... yes trees... ;-)
      > > >
      > > > Sharani
      > > >
      > > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, beverly_canada