11124Re: OT - to Purnakama - handkerchiefs and trees

    Mar 1, 2005
      Hi Purnakama!

      I'll spend the whole day with you if you promise to bring the puppets
      Mrs. Chicken and Rooey-Jo along too for a little guest conducting. :-)
      Sharani

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, purnakama2000
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > Hi Sharani!
      >
      > You crack me up!
      > I can hardly wait to see you live and in person!
      >
      > Purnakama :)
      >
      > -- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sharani_sharani
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear Beverly,
      > >
      > > Quick turn down the volume on your computer's speakers or you will
      > > be overwhelmed by the noise of my huge sigh of relief! Now here's
      > > the way I see it. You've got tree duty, Ed's got the sunrise
      > > covered, Purnakama is on sky and cloud detail, Pavitrata – swans,
      > > Suchana – hummingbirds, Jeromy – rainbows. I'll bring the
      > > binoculars. Kedar and Pavitrata will take the stills. Pavitrata's
      > > schoolchildren will paint the whole thing. Am I leaving something or
      > > someone out? Chime in if so. Lastly, Sumangali will continue as our
      > > poet laureate and handmaiden to Nature's Beauty to exquisitely
      > > describe this landscape. Oops, almost forgot. Dharmaja will bring
      > > the tomatoes. Hey this is way better than gulab jamun, don't you
      > > think?
      > >
      > > Sharani
      > >

      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, beverly_canada
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Handkerchiefs
      > > >
      > > > I had no idea when I formally embarked on the spiritual life, that
      > > > the journey would be so intense. It is doubly fitting that you
      > > > mention handkerchiefs. A gift of two cotton 'scarves' lie nearby.
      > > > One is blue (for infinity?), one is violet/purple (for grace?). I
      > am
      > > > prepared. Let the uninitiated think me fashionable.
      > > >
      > > > Trees
      > > >
      > > > The limb you went out on is sound. Many of my meditations take
      > place
      > > > in a forest setting. I like to walk woodland trails and sing Sri
      > > > Chinmoy's songs. A favourite species of tree - hmmm, don't think I
      > > > have one. I feel an affinity with nature of most any form. Swans,
      > > > yes, trees, yes, dancing ocean and light, yes, star strewn skys,
      > > > yes, the haunting whistle of wind in one's ears near a summit,
      > > yes...
      > > > Yes, yes, yes. (Brings to mind last month's featured aphorism).*
      > > >
      > > > Today my post meditation ramble carried me to two orange
      > > > butterflies, orbiting about one another in a patch of sunlight -
      > > > anglewings, I think. They landed on a low branch of a fir and
      > > > disappeared. The closed wings mimic dead leaves confoundingly
      > well.
      > > > It was not until they fluttered to a sun soaked black berry that I
      > > > caught sight of them again. This time I ducked down to check out
      > the
      > > > underside of the thorny twig from almost nose distance - still
      > > > didn't spot either till one moved. As one, they spiraled off. The
      > > > sky was so blue - just one patch of tiny wind tossed cloud
      > ciphers.
      > > >
      > > > Thank-you for offering the swan pictures!
      > > >
      > > > Beverly

> [...]
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic