11106Re: OT - to Beverly - handkerchiefs and trees

  • doriscott20002000
    Mar 1, 2005
      Dear Sharani,

      I'd like to bring some flowers, they don't make you cry. Of all the
      flowers I know I like the fragrance of the freesia the most; it's
      pure sweetness; breathe in and breathe out, hmmmm.

      > Dear Beverly,
      >
      > Quick turn down the volume on your computer's speakers or you will
      > be overwhelmed by the noise of my huge sigh of relief! Now here's
      > the way I see it. You've got tree duty, Ed's got the sunrise
      > covered, Purnakama is on sky and cloud detail, Pavitrata – swans,
      > Suchana – hummingbirds, Jeromy – rainbows. I'll bring the
      > binoculars. Kedar and Pavitrata will take the stills. Pavitrata's
      > schoolchildren will paint the whole thing. Am I leaving something or
      > someone out? Chime in if so. Lastly, Sumangali will continue as our
      > poet laureate and handmaiden to Nature's Beauty to exquisitely
      > describe this landscape. Oops, almost forgot. Dharmaja will bring
      > the tomatoes. Hey this is way better than gulab jamun, don't you
      > think?
      >
      > Sharani
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, beverly_canada
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Handkerchiefs
      > >
      > > I had no idea when I formally embarked on the spiritual life, that
      > > the journey would be so intense. It is doubly fitting that you
      > > mention handkerchiefs. A gift of two cotton 'scarves' lie nearby.
      > > One is blue (for infinity?), one is violet/purple (for grace?). I
      am
      > > prepared. Let the uninitiated think me fashionable.
      > >
      > > Trees
      > >
      > > The limb you went out on is sound. Many of my meditations take
      place
      > > in a forest setting. I like to walk woodland trails and sing Sri
      > > Chinmoy's songs. A favourite species of tree - hmmm, don't think I
      > > have one. I feel an affinity with nature of most any form. Swans,
      > > yes, trees, yes, dancing ocean and light, yes, star strewn skys,
      > > yes, the haunting whistle of wind in one's ears near a summit,
      > yes...
      > > Yes, yes, yes. (Brings to mind last month's featured aphorism).*
      > >
      > > Today my post meditation ramble carried me to two orange
      > > butterflies, orbiting about one another in a patch of sunlight -
      > > anglewings, I think. They landed on a low branch of a fir and
      > > disappeared. The closed wings mimic dead leaves confoundingly
      well.
      > > It was not until they fluttered to a sun soaked black berry that I
      > > caught sight of them again. This time I ducked down to check out
      the
      > > underside of the thorny twig from almost nose distance - still
      > > didn't spot either till one moved. As one, they spiraled off. The
      > > sky was so blue - just one patch of tiny wind tossed cloud
      ciphers.

      > > Thank-you for offering the swan pictures!
      > >
      > > Beverly
      > >

      > > [*Not to mention mountain flowers. :-) -Assistant Moderator]
      > >

      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com,
      > > sharani_sharani <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Thank you for the kind feedback Beverly. Maybe we will have to
      > > start
> [...]
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic