11104Faith

  • polestar1931
    Feb 28, 2005
      From Commentary on the Bhagavad-Gita, by Sri Chinmoy:

      Faith is not a mere emotional feeling to stick to one's belief. It
      is a living inner breath to discover, realise and live in the truth.
      Faith is the exercise taken by a seeker of his own will to force
      himself to stay in the all-seeing and all-fulfilling Will of God.
      The Yajur Veda tells us that consecration blossoms in self-
      dedication, grace blossoms in consecration, faith blossoms in grace,
      and truth blossoms in faith. What else is faith? To quote Charles
      Hanson Towne,

      I need not shout my faith. Thrice eloquent
      Are quiet trees and the green listening sod;
      Hushed are the stars, whose power is never spent;
      The hills are mute: yet how they speak of God!

      http://www.yogaofsrichinmoy.com/spiritual_qualities/faith/
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic