11100Re: OT - to Beverly - handkerchiefs and trees

    Feb 28, 2005
      Dear Beverly,

      Quick turn down the volume on your computer's speakers or you will
      be overwhelmed by the noise of my huge sigh of relief! Now here's
      the way I see it. You've got tree duty, Ed's got the sunrise
      covered, Purnakama is on sky and cloud detail, Pavitrata – swans,
      Suchana – hummingbirds, Jeromy – rainbows. I'll bring the
      binoculars. Kedar and Pavitrata will take the stills. Pavitrata's
      schoolchildren will paint the whole thing. Am I leaving something or
      someone out? Chime in if so. Lastly, Sumangali will continue as our
      poet laureate and handmaiden to Nature's Beauty to exquisitely
      describe this landscape. Oops, almost forgot. Dharmaja will bring
      the tomatoes. Hey this is way better than gulab jamun, don't you
      think?

      Sharani

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, beverly_canada
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > Handkerchiefs
      >
      > I had no idea when I formally embarked on the spiritual life, that
      > the journey would be so intense. It is doubly fitting that you
      > mention handkerchiefs. A gift of two cotton 'scarves' lie nearby.
      > One is blue (for infinity?), one is violet/purple (for grace?). I am
      > prepared. Let the uninitiated think me fashionable.
      >
      > Trees
      >
      > The limb you went out on is sound. Many of my meditations take place
      > in a forest setting. I like to walk woodland trails and sing Sri
      > Chinmoy's songs. A favourite species of tree - hmmm, don't think I
      > have one. I feel an affinity with nature of most any form. Swans,
      > yes, trees, yes, dancing ocean and light, yes, star strewn skys,
      > yes, the haunting whistle of wind in one's ears near a summit,
      yes...
      > Yes, yes, yes. (Brings to mind last month's featured aphorism).*
      >
      > Today my post meditation ramble carried me to two orange
      > butterflies, orbiting about one another in a patch of sunlight -
      > anglewings, I think. They landed on a low branch of a fir and
      > disappeared. The closed wings mimic dead leaves confoundingly well.
      > It was not until they fluttered to a sun soaked black berry that I
      > caught sight of them again. This time I ducked down to check out the
      > underside of the thorny twig from almost nose distance - still
      > didn't spot either till one moved. As one, they spiraled off. The
      > sky was so blue - just one patch of tiny wind tossed cloud ciphers.
      >
      > Thank-you for offering the swan pictures!
      >
      > Beverly
      >

      > [*Not to mention mountain flowers. :-) -Assistant Moderator]
      >

      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com,
      > sharani_sharani <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Thank you for the kind feedback Beverly. Maybe we will have to
      > start
      > > an offshoot of this group with an online shopping mall selling
      > > handkerchiefs (Doris' poem had me crying a while back) and
      > thank-you
      > > stationery for starters. I enjoy your presence here in this group
      > and
      > > am going out on a complete limb :-) (even walking the plank?)
      > here by
      > > asking you what is your favorite kind of tree and do you like
      > trees
      > > especially? For some reason, when I think of you, trees come
      > to mind,
      > > but I'm not sure which kind. maybe they have been a thread in
      > your
      > > postings/poems... yes trees... ;-)
      > >
      > > Sharani
      > >
      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com,
      > beverly_canada
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > In your poems I hear the whisper of our Tailor. This one
      > touched me
      > > with
      > > > tears.
      > > >
      > > > Love, Beverly
      > > >

      > > > [Appropriately, Beverly submitted this post with alterations! :-
> [...]
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic