10002Transforming the World- poem

  • arpan_deangelo
    Jan 1, 2005
      I wish to share a prayer by Sri Chinmoy that I came across this
      morning during my meditation. It is from 'My Christmas-New
      Year-Vacation-Aspiration-Prayers, Part 17'.

      In my post last night I talked about wishing or praying for world
      improvement or transformation. I am sure that is what any sincere
      seeker wishes for. In just a few lines Sri Chinmoy gives us the answer.

      I also thought that this poem is quite relevant to what is happening
      in the world today in response to the Indian Ocean disaster recently:
      love and sympathy in action. Putting these two powerful spiritual
      qualities of love and sympathy into action is also what our path is
      about. First we try to cultivate these qualities in our own personal
      lives and consciousness through our own spiritual disciplines, then we
      try to manifest them to serve the world and other human beings in
      helpful ways.

      I am sure that this would be a great New Year's resolution for many
      seekers. I will start in the first day of 2005 by sharing this with
      our fellow readers:

      "We can succeed
      In transforming the world
      Only with our love-smiles