Fwd: I am a Mother

  • T.Raguveeradayal
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2012
      adiyen dasan
      T. Raguveeradayal

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Thirunarayanan Rangaswami <rthirunarayanan@...>
      Date: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 5:14 AM
      Subject: Fwd: I am a Mother
      To: krish sra <sra.krish@...>, ragav <asraghavan@...>, Saranya Narayanan <saranya.narayanan@...>, Madhurata Narayanan <madhurata84@...>, Vinodkannan Gopu <vinodkannan.gopu@...>, "vinodkannan.family" <vinodkannan.family@...>, Usha Ramadurai <usha.ramadurai@...>, Hari Narayanan <hnaraya@...>, sudha rajagopal <hindisudha@...>
      Cc: Aarthy Parthasarathy <aarthysarathy@...>, AG SWAMY <agswamy11@...>, Tn Aravamudhan <tn.aravamudhan@...>, "A.K.Parthasaarathy Aditya" <akparthasaarathy_aditya@...>, Aishwarya Madhavan <aishmadhavan@...>, Badri Varadarajan <badri.varadarajan@...>, Balakrishna Sarma <vnbsarma@...>, Bhuvana Nandakumar <msbhuvana@...>, Archana C <archicee@...>, "Cg, Balaji (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <balaji.cg@...>, cheran akilan <akilancheran@...>, Dario Calvaruso <daarayavahush@...>, Anand Vaidya <dr.vaidya@...>, divya s krishnan <divya1213@...>, elango ramaswamy <studentsxerox@...>, kannan gopaladesikan <engeekay@...>, "Logesh Arumugam - ERS, HCLTech" <logesha@...>, Gaargi R <gaargi_ap@...>, Hariharan Kumar <h_kumar@...>, Jagan Iyer <srjagan@...>, Prashant Ishwar <pishwar@...>, Raguveeradayal Thiruppathi Iyengar <rajamragu@...>, Ramaswamy Iyengar <ariyengar@...>, Dr N lakshmi iyar <ljaiyarkrishna@...>, Jaganathan Srinivasan <jaganathan.srinivasan@...>, Dana Jenensch <Dana.Jenensch@...>, "Krishnamurti, Lakshmanan" <krishnamurtil@...>, Srinivasan Seshadri <nandnam2612@...>, anto nraja <antopattu@...>, o r <orramabhadran@...>, Ranga rajan <rrajan5@...>, Ananth Ranganathan <ananth.rang@...>, Anand Rangarajan <mailanand@...>, seshadri.srinivasan@..., Uma Krishnamurti <ukrishna63@...>, UMAMAHESWARI NATARAJAN <umamjcskt@...>, KV Balakrishnan <kvb_13@...>

      पूजनीयाः !  नमो नमःl
       मङ्ग्लाशासनानि l
       उभयकुशलोपरि l
      my sanskrit student shri  Padmanabhan Krisshnan sent this
      Date: Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM
      Subject: I am a Mother
      To: thirunarayanan rangaswami <rthirunarayanan@...>

      I Am A Mother

      The Officer At The Driving License Counter Asked The Lady
       " What is Your Occupation ? "

      The Woman Seeking Renewal Of Her License Seemed To Be Puzzled.
      So The Officer Said
      " Ma'am, Are You Employed,
      Have Your Own Business Or........

      The Woman Replied
       " Oh, Yes !!
      I Have A Full Time Occupation.
      I Am A Mother "

      Officer : " We Don't Have ' Mother ' As An Option For Occupation.
      I Will Write it Down As ' Housewife '.
      That Takes Care Of All Questions."

      This Had Happened Long Ago,
      And Was Forgotten.Years Later When I Went To Get My License,The Public Relations Officer Was A Somewhat Pompous. Woman.

      " Your Occupation ? "
      She Asked in A Rather Authoritative Tone.

      I Just Had An inspiration And Replied
      " I Am A Researcher in The Field Of Child Development, Nutrition And Inter-Personal Relationships "

      The Lady Officer Stared At Me in Amazement.
      I Calmly Repeated My Statement And She Wrote it Down Verbatim.
      Then, Unable To Conceal Her Curiosity,
      She Politely Asked
      " What Exactly Do You Do in Your Profession, Ma'am ? "

       I Was Feeling Good About Having Described My Occupation So Calmly And Confidently.
      So I Replied
      " My Research Projects Have Been Going On For A Number Of Years
       ( Mothers Never Retire !! ).
      My Research is Conducted in The Laboratory As Well As in The Field.
      I Have Two Bosses.
      (One is God and the other is my entire family).
      I Have Received Two Honours in This Field.
      (A son and a daughter)
      My Topic is Considered To Be The Most Difficult Part Of Sociology.
      ( All Moms will Agree!! ).
      I Have To Work More Than 14 Hours Every Day.
       Sometimes Even 24 Hours Are Not Enough And The Challenges Are Tougher Than Many Other Professions.
      My Compensation is in Terms Of Mental Satisfaction Rather Than Money "
      I Could See That The Officer Was Thoroughly impressed.

      After Completing The Licensing Formalities,
      She Came To The Door To See Me Off.

      This New Viewpoint About My Occupation Made Me Feel Much Better On My Way Back Home.
      I Was Welcomed By My 5 Year Old Research Assistant At The Door.
      My New Project (My 6 Month old Baby) Was Energetically Practicing Her ' Music '.

      I Had Earned A Small Victory Over The Governmental Red Tape Today.
      I Was No Longer ' Merely A Mother ',
      instead I Was Now A Highly Placed
      Functionary in A Service Vital For Mankind -Motherhood !!

      ' Mother ' - Isn't it A Great Title.
      Fit To Be Added To The Nameplate On The Door !!
      By This Standard, Grandmothers Deserve To Be Called Senior Research Officers,And Great Grandmothers Qualify As ' Research Directors '.
      Aunts And Other Ladies Of That Age Group Can Be Called ' Research Facilitators '

      Please Share This With All Mothers, Grandmothers, Great Grandmothers,
      All Ladies Currently Holding Posts Like
      Didi - Tai - Chachi - Mami - Mausi - Bua ......
      They Will All Shower You With Blessings And Life Will Be Happier.

      All Husbands, Fathers, Please Note.
      They Must Read !!!!
      Thanks & Regards

      திருச்சித்ரகூடம் அரங்க.திருநாராயணன்
      र तिरुनारायणःश्रीरङ्गम् श्रीवैष्णवराजधानी, भूलोकवैकुण्ठम्