Cassette Tape Repair? [cross posted]

  • Mike Gormley
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2001
      Over the years many square/contra/round dance callers have been captured
      on cassette tapes. I have a good collection of these dating back to the
      early 70's. Some I have recorded. Some I have acquired. I listen to
      them often for choero ideas and enjoyment.

      I have a few tapes which have broken midway. I know how to splice them,
      but what if the tape is broken at the beginning attachment to the reel?
      How can they be fixed? It appears to me that the entire plastic case
      needs to be taken apart and start from there.

      In another circumstance, some tapes are sluggish or have a lot of
      friction when they turn, some to the point that the machine will shut
      off thinking it is at the end of the tape. How do I fix that? Can new
      cases be bought and the media itself be reinserted?

      Does anyone offer repair services? Don Ward, can you do this?

      --
      Mike Gormley
      P.O. Box 205

      "Full Time RV'ers currently located in: Kissimmee, FL"

      mailto:WA8VEC@...

      ICQ #24425724

      Web page linking to Genealogy, RV'ing & Square Dancing:

      http://home.earthlink.net/~deltadd/