3585Fwd: Fw: New Blog about Beginner Dance Parties and Community Dancing

  • labearmstrong
    Jun 3, 2014

      You might find this interesting or helpful.

      Subject: New Blog about Beginner Dance Parties and Community Dancing

      This year, at the CALLERLAB convention, we had a speaker who discussed what we could do to help publicize square dancing.  One of his main points was that "Nobody is talking about square dancing because nobody is talking about square dancing."  I felt this was a very valid point.  Since my "thing" is Beginner Dance Parties, I thought I would start a blog on the subject of Beginner Dance Parties and Community Dancing.  You can see the blog at http://blog.d4bp.com/wp

      I have found a Wordpress theme that I like.  I have written posts tying in with what I can find on YouTube, the CALLERLAB website and the Lloyd Shaw Foundation website.  I have samples of the music I use for the dances I have posted.

      Of course, you will also find references to the two books I have published on the subject.  Maybe that will generate more sales.

      So far I'm learning a lot.  It's not hard to setup a blog.  I would be happy to share my experience with any of you the may decide to try it.  I hope it will become a good way to get people talking about square dancing because beginner dance parties are square dancing.

      I will be adding posts at the rate of about two per week.  So, if you want to follow along just go to the subscribe menu on the right hand side of the page.  You can also subscribe from any post.

      I would also like to know what you would like to talk about.

      One final request.  Blog grow an audience because people recommend that other people read the blog.  If you have any friends that are interested in dance, send them the URL..